Chapter 8 - Elucidation

[Add's Point of View]

...

I told her. I told her everything. The hidden truth that was never revealed until now. Haha! Ara had every right to know; she was involved with this entire phenomenon from the beginning. Ara, what a beautiful name it was! She was the only person that was capable of returning some of my sanity! I loved her dearly, and that was the very reason why I was going through this trouble, in order to save her. My manipulation of time and space gained from acquiring the title 'Diabolic Esper' was the source of my power; without it, the bad end would've remained unchanged. Multiple timelines, with beginnings and endings.

In the first timeline, the group called the Elgang existed, consisting of eleven members: Elsword, Aisha, Rena, Raven, Eve, Chung, Ara, Elesis, Lu, Ciel, and myself. In the Halls of Water, Ara was...she was...killed. Killed by the damn bastard she calls her "Brother". Aren Haan. My hatred of him still grows strong this very moment. Of course, I did avenge her, but it was no use. Ara's dying wish was for the darkness that resided in Aren's heart to be purified. That never could have happened, though. It was impossible! The guy was stubborn as hell, his heart did not want to be decontaminated. That was the one request that I couldn't fulfill, no matter how much Ara wished for it to be so. I decided to reset the chronology to undo this pathetic finale.

In the second timeline, all the members of the Elgang remained alive throughout Hamel. Our next destination was the desert hamlet of Sander. Everything was going splendidly, until we had reached the Heart of Behemoth. We had expected the demon succubus Karis to be there, of course, but Aren was also there. He claimed to be 'Ran', and not 'Aren'. That pissed me off! I could tell that Ara's fragile spirit was being broken into pieces. The f***ing demon didn't even recognize his own sister anymore! It was surprising, since Aren was murdered back in Hamel. It was witchcraft, I say! Witchcraft! Bullsh**! Ara, who had gotten over Aren's death, preformed a breakdown, unable to handle the event mentally and emotionally. Due to this, she was murdered once again, in front of our very eyes. I witnessed her death twice, and it was all the damned demon's fault. I held a grudge against all of them, especially 'Ran'. Again, I reset the chronology, in hopes of protecting my precious Ara. I was aware of the fact that I was abusing my abilities, but I had to, all for the sake of my love. I sound pathetic, don't I? Heh.

In this timeline, the Elgang was never formed. Without having to worry about the other affiliates of the gang, I solely directed all of my attention to Ara. I wasn't expecting for Eve and Chung to be paired up together, but that was fine. They acted as mere stepping stones to my final goal. Since they were handling the Ancient Waterway and Magmanta's Cave, Ara had a lower chance of dying, since she didn't have to deal with the monsters in those locations.

The final battle with Aren was drawing near, which was why I had to explain all of this to Ara. To her, this elucidation probably would've seemed like a joke; a fantasy. Hard to believe, I had to admit. But, it was all possible because of my time-travelling skill. It was all thanks to the time-travel equation I solved. Hopefully, sharing all of this valuable information with her would decrease her likelihood of experiencing another death. I've seen her die twice, I don't want to see it again.

...

--[CHAPTER 8 - ELUCIDATION : END]--