Annapurna Base Camp Trek

This Annapurna base camp trek trail is one most sought-after destinations in Nepal Himalayas. This popular destination provides travelers and tourists with an opportunity of spectating magnificent mountain vistas, excursing to the hidden river valleys,

Annapurna base camp trek explores the diverse Gurung and Magar ethnic communities, showcasing their unique traditional stone-thatch-roofed houses and the terrace farming culture. Besides, this hike goes into dense forests with the majority of Rhododendron, pine fir, oaks, and other species of vegetation. Harmonic music of wind and tweeting of birds along with chances of encountering wildlife species of Langur, Rhesus monkeys, deer, and rodents enhance the overall hiking experience.

Several viewpoints like Poonhill, Deurali, and Tadapani offer exciting sunrise and sunset with panoramic views of mountain peaks like Annapurna, Dhawalagiri, Fishtail, and Hiunchuli. Annapurna Sanctuary, a hidden valley amidst beautiful snow mountains, offers tourists a sublime experience of the Himalayas.

A bath at a natural hot spring in Jhinu sets your muscles and comforts tiredness accumulated during the trip. It is widely believed, that these pools have great medicinal and therapeutic values.

If you are seeking a hiking vacation in Nepal, this trip is appropriate for all types of trekkers including beginners. This holiday trip is a versatile walking trip, with plenty of options for shortening and extending duration. Besides, and are some off-the-beaten-path tracks in the vicinity.

Annapurna Base Camp Trek Information:

This trek to the base camp of the tenth highest mountain peak in the world, Annapurna elevated at 8091 meters or 26,545 feet is one of the most sought-after destinations in the world. The name of the mountain is combined with two words "Anna" meaning crops and "Purna" meaning sufficient, as these Snow Mountains feed the major river systems along with creating a wet climatic condition for sufficient rainfall helping the farmers with irrigation resulting in the sufficient yields.

Prior to the triumphant summit of Mt.Everest by Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay, Annapurna was the first mountain over 8000 meters ever summited, and such a feat was achieved by the French Expedition team led by Maurice Herzog on the third of June, 1950.A book titled Annapurna: published in 1951 talks about this expedition.

A short and charming hike into the Annapurna Conservation Area, with the elevation ranging from 1070 to 4130 meters it is a decent trekking trip. However, several sections of the entire journey consist of steep uphill and downhill tracks.

Annapurna massif, a group of towering snow-clad mountains, numbered I, II, III, IV along with Gangapurna, Fishtail, Baraha Shikhar, and several others is located on the northern part of a major touristic city of Pokhara, regarded as some of the most beautiful in Nepal. The range stretches from Manaslu on the east to Dhawalagiri on the west.

This adventure holiday destination in Nepal is visited by thousands of travelers from all over the globe due to its serene walking trails combined with awe-inspiring natural and cultural attractions. From the green hilly region to the alpine meadows of the lower Himalayan region, ABC trek takes you to the center of the Annapurna Himalayas.

The major highlights of Annapurna Base Camp Trek:

Pokhara the city of 7 lakes, renowned as the gateway to the Annapurna Mountains is probably the most beautiful city in Nepal. An amalgamation of natural wonders including lakes, rivers, mountain vistas, green forests along modernized settlements, this city was termed as Mini Switzerland by Tony Hagen during his wonderful work in the eighties. Besides natural wonders, the cultural aspect of the city is also significant as there are several shrines dedicated to Hindu and Buddhist religions.