Chapter 5

Aether and Paimon let out groans when they realized that the next temple that they needed to go to was a little bit far from their starting point and they didn't want to walk in the hot weather. 

"Why is too far...?" Aether mumbled tiredly, fanning his hand to his face, hoping to cool off while watching [Name] drinking some water from a flask and giving it to Paimon who immediately chug it. 

"Well, wanna fly?" [Name] bluntly asked and both Aether and Paimon glanced at the (H/c) haired male in confusion.

"With what, tho? You know that I can't fly as you do."

"Not that kind of fly. I'll pick up both of you and we can fly there."

"Oh yeah... Let's go then!"

[Name] summons his wing, picking both of his companions before they fly off. 

"Woah, this is so cool!" Paimon exclaimed as both of them stared at the scenery in astonishment. As they flew through the air, Paimon had been wondering about something. 

"Come to think of it, where are you from, Master [Name]?" This caught Aether's attention, and both of them stared at [Name] in confusion. 

"Well, my village is far from here. But, in fact, they...not exist anymore." 

Aether and Paimon glance at [Name] in shock at the fact that the village that [Name] called home is gone. [Name] notices how silent both of his companions are, so [Name] glances at them. 

"What?" 

Aether and Paimon glance at each other before glancing at the older male. "Oh, there's Miss Lisa over there!" [Name] call out, when he saw the Purple Witch, who was waving her hands, telling them that she was here. Landing on the ground safely, [Name] put both Aether and Paimon down before making his way to Lisa while both Aether and Paimon didn't move, and continue staring at their older companion. 

"Cutie? Is something wrong?" Lisa asks when she notices how Aether and Paimon keep staring at the (H/c) haired male with sulking expression. 

"Master [Name], did you just say your village does not exist anymore?" Paimon asks, and Lisa blinks at the question. [Name] stares at both of his companions before turning around, and doesn't want them, along with Lisa, to see his pitiful expression. 

"My village had been burned into ashes and all the villagers had been killed by some cult, leaving me and a few survivors to arrive. I lost everything that day; my home, my family, my people, everything. I lost all of it." Aether and Paimon glance at each other before both of them rush toward the older male, who is startled when he feels both pairs of arms suddenly wrap around him; one pair around his waist and one pair around his neck. 

"Paimon? Aether?" 

Both of his hands were patting on Paimon's white hair and Aether's blond hair, which had their grip tightened. 

[Name] glances at Lisa, sending a signal that they want to be alone for a while, and Lisa just smiles at the male before walking toward the domain. 

"P-Paimon so sorry for asking that question! That's quite insensitive of Paimon!" Paimon suddenly cried out right at [Name]'s ear, and the said male blinked, before letting out a smile on his face. 

"It's fine. I'm already over it. Aether?" Aether tightened his grip, and buried his face into [Name]'s chest as he couldn't imagine how [Name] had been a force to face; both of his parents and his siblings died. 

Aether couldn't help but think: what if something happened to his sister, Lumine?

Is she okay?

Did she get hurt?

Is she even still-

"Aether!"

Aether snapped out of his negative thought, looking up from [Name]'s chest where he was facing both of [Name]'s and Paimon's stare at the blond male in worry. 

"Are you alright, Aether?" Paimon asks, and Aether just gives them a reassuring smile. 

"I-I'm fine. Don't worry about me." Paimon buys it but [Name] doesn't, so he grabs both Aether's cheeks and stretches them out, making Aether let out a yelp in pain as [Name] continues stretching Aether's cheek. 

"M-Master [Name]?!" 

Paimon gawked in surprise as [Name] finally let Aether's cheeks go making the said blond male put his hand on his cheeks, rubbing them painfully. 

"What was that for?!" 

"Paimon buys it but I'm not. You should put that kind of thought away, Aether." [Name] huffed. "She's going to be fine, Aether. I'm sure of it." [Name] gently running his hand through Aether's blond hair, and Paimon nodded in agreement. "Yeah! We will always be together! The three of us! Right, Master [Name]?" Hearing this makes [Name] chuckle and nod in agreement. 

"That's what she said." And of course, this makes the three of them start to laugh. 

"You're good now?" [Name] asks, hoping that Aether doesn't have that kind of thought anymore. 

Oh, how he wishes to punch his sister for making Aether think like this. 

"I think I'm fine now." 

"Good. Then, let's go. Miss Lisa is waiting for us." 

Meanwhile, Lisa, who is waiting for them to finish talking, sees the travellers walking toward her. "Oh, already finish? Don't hesitate to come to me if you need anything." Lisa said and Aether just give a sheepish smile. "Then, what kind of things does a librarian do?" Paimon ask after she heard the question and have wondering about it. 

"Oh, good question! Things other than that which require brawn or brains." 

"So...what does that leave??"

~~~

After fighting all the enemies inside the domain and breaking the dragon's breath, [Name] let out a yawn as he stretched his body, feeling tired already. 

"Hmm, Dragon of the East, Lion of the South, Wolf of the North, Falcon of the West.... They are the Four Winds of Mondstadt, affiliated with Barbatos, the God of Anemo. The Dragon of the East, StormTerror-its real name is Dvalin. Though most in Mondstadt seem to have forgotten that in all this 'Stormterror' business. So, now you know why Dvalin is only able to channel three of the Four Wind's power because it has been consuming itself from the beginning." 

This makes both Aether and Paimon look confused at Lisa's statement. 

"Why?" 

"Because of hatred, I presume." 

This time, [Name] is the one who answered. 

"Hatred? For what?" 

"For Mondstadt, of course. Hatred drove it to become something more powerful than wind itself-to become Stormterror." 

"But why would one of the Four Winds hate the city it was supposed to protect?" 

[Name] shrugs. 

"I don't know myself. Guess we have to ask the dragon itself if we want to know the reason. Come on, let's return to Mondstadt. I bet it's already turned back to normal."

~~~

A/n: Can I ask you guys a question? Especially to GI Westerners. And the question is; do you guys uhhh have skin color fetish??? Like, you guys seem obsessed about the skin color after the leaks of Sumeru and the characters had post on Twitter and it's not even out yet. I'm the kind of person that who just accept it all what Hoyoverse had made.

Genshin Impact © Mihoyo

Reader © You

Others © Their owners

Book © Me