Chapter 3

_______________________________________________________________

Jungkook's Pov

How can they do this!? I have a freaking girlfriend!! And in all the girls in the world they had to chose her!! I don't even want to talk about her let alone marrying her... I'd actually rather die. She's a betrayer and a liar.

Yuri stormed out of there and her parents followed her.

"Appa!! How can you do this!?" I yelled angrily. "You clearly know that I have a girlfriend and you can't make me marry her!! Besides I'm only 20! I don't want to get married this early!!"

"Jungkook, Listen. We've told you before that the only way you're girlfriend is coming into our family is under our dead bodies. She is not the daughter in law I'm looking for and I don't want gold diggers in my house." Omma argued.

"Mom! You can’t call her a gold digger! She's my girlfriend." I complained

"I don't care who she is but she will not putting a step on my house! We've had this conversation before Jungkook. Break up with her. She's not the one for you." Mom protested. 

"Do you think Yuri's the one for me then? Oh you're so wrong.  I'm not marrying her and I never will."

"Well let's see about that. If you don't agree to this, you won't be able to inherit the family properties or a slightest bit of money from us. I will take away your credit cards and all of your cars too. Let's see how long you can keep up with that."

"You can't do that!!" I argued.

"Unfortunately I can. To be honest you were engaged to Yuri even before you were born." Appa stated.

"What do you mean?"

"Your grandfather and Yuri's grandfather had made a promise to marry their grandchildren to each other. They've even written it in their will saying that none of you will be able to inherit family shares unless you guys are married. And now I think dad did the right thing by writing that will. Yuri had grown into a beautiful young lady and she's the perfect daughter in law we could have. Also you need to take the company shares very soon because the other shareholders are expecting you to take some action." Dad said

I don't know what to do... I feel like I'm locked in a cage with a lion inside. I don't have any other way to escape unless I face the lion.

"But I still don't want to marry her... God it's 21st century!  There's no such thing as arranged marriages. They're so overrated!" I complained,

"Well it make sense since your grandfather arranged this marriage before 21st century." Dad said mockingly. Was it suppose to be funny...?

I can't lose my cars or my credit cards. I was supposed to take over the company on my 21st birthday... now it's all ruined. I'll just agree. Even if I married her, that doesn't mean I can't divorce her right? I'll explain things to Jiah and I'm sure she'll understand.

"Fine.. I-I'll agree." I said and my parents had the biggest smile on their faces. "But under one condition. You will have to double my allowance."

_

Yuri's Pov

I can't believe this is happening... I'm furious. Did he know about this? Did he plan this to get revenge? There were so many questions going around my head. But the only thing I knew is that I'm not marrying him. I won't. I can't let my parents ruin my life. Even if some of our companies go bankrupt, we don't end up as beggers. We have a huge mutil industrial company. We won't fall that easily.

And I'm not ready to sacrifice my happiness for some silly business.

"Yuri? Come on out. Let's talk." It was Ma but I didn't want to open the door. I was too mad at her. They know how much I hate him and they know how much he hurt me but still... they want me to marry him!? That's absurd.

"No... just go away ma."

"Yuri... I know this is hard for you but listen, this is all for your own good." She said. For my own good!?

"How can it be for my good!? Huh!? Do you know how much I hate him? Do you know how much he hurt me?! How can you be so cruel!? Are you even my mother?!" I shouted and tears were streaming down from my eyes.

"Is this about what happened back then? Yuri, how many times did I tell you it wasn't him! Jungkook was the sweetest boy I had seen until you destroyed his ring. Yuri it was your fault too but now it's long gone. Forgive him and he'll forgive you too." Forgive him? Never.

I know that throwing his only family legacy into a river is really bad but I was really mad at him. H-he wanted to hurt me. It was him. I know it. I can recognise his hand writing, he can never fool me.

"But Omma, why do you want us to get married!? We won't end up as beggars even if a few companies bankrupt."

"Yuri, this isn't just about a few companies. I know the damage can be repaired but-" She stopped. "Your harabeoji had written in his will that you won't inherit the family business unless you marry Mr. Jeon's eldest son. .
.
.
.
.
.
What...?

How could harabeoji do that!?

"Are you serious...?" I whispered

"Yes." Ma said sternly.

I was too stunned to speak a word. I can't lose my family business. I was supposed to be the CEO in two years. Why didn't anyone tell me about this...?

"So that means I have to marry him?"

"Yes Yuri but I promise Jungkook will take a good care of you. I know you used to like him, back then and he did too. He's a really sweet boy and I know you guys are meant to be. Just give him a chance okay?"

She wouldn't say this if she knew he had a girlfriend... Well that's when I had this brilliant idea. If marrying him means destroying his love life, well that's a satisfactory for me. I smirked thinking about how much I could make his life miserable.