prologue

Yoongi hummed as he washed his body in the hot spring. Animals gathered around him, the flowers leaned away from him in shame.

It's like everything in the meadow had come to see how beautiful he was, how the water made his pale skin glow in the sunlight, and how his silky hair flowed down to his shoulders.

"Seokjin hyung brings me this human stuff, it's called soap and shampoo!! How lovely!" Yoongi told his pet pheonix Evangeline. "I wonder if he could give me something to heal my wing."

Yoongi sadly looked at his torn, beaten up wing.

"I'll send him a message."

Yoongi finished his bath and dried himself off, being careful with his wing.

After bandaging himself he started writing his letter to Seokjin.

Dear Seokjin, it appears I have hurt my wing. I'm unsure of how to fix it so I was wondering if you could offer some assistance? I miss flying so much :(

Yoongi rolled the paper up and put it in a little bag, strapping it to Evangeline.

The phoenix cried loudly, taking the bag off.

"Oh! I'm so sorry Evangeline, I forgot that you're about to be renewed! I'll send the butterflies instead."

Yoongi grabbed a whistle from his nightstand and blew it, a swarm of butterflies flew in through his window.

he handed them the bag, all of them carried it as a group.

"Please bring this to Seokjin, I'll give you lots and lots of food later."

Yoongi gave the leader a kiss before sending them off.