chapter one

babe
there's something tragic about you
something so magic about you
don't you agree?

Yoongi sat on the forest floor, desperately crying out to anyone who may hear him.

He had patched up his wing with adhesive and tried to fly. He got pretty far from  where he started before the adhesive slipped and he fell to the forest floor, hurting his ankle badly in the process.

He looked around, this was not his usual neck of the woods, there was no sign of life and all the trees and vegetation were dead.

On top of being injured, he was now extremely scared.

Jimin watched Yoongi from behind a tree, unsure of whether he wanted to help the fairy or not.

There was something about Yoongi, something so alluring, something that made Jimin want to run over to him.

So he did, his feet quickly led him to where Yoongi was laying, not even giving him time to think about it.

"Are you okay?" Jimin worriedly asked, observing Yoongi's condition.

"I fell while trying to fly and hurt my ankle." Yoongi cried, holding his injured limb.

Jimin looked at Yoongi's tattered and torn butterfly wings, their once pale purple color was now a foreign concept, replaced by brown from the dirt that got on him during his fall.

"Maybe I could help you get home?"

"I'd appreciate that so much, thank you sir!!" Yoongi smiled gratefully, looking up at the kind stranger.

"Just call me Jimin."

Jimin smiled and lifted Yoongi up, letting the fairy wrap his arms around his neck and his legs around his waist.

It was so close, he could smell Yoongi's slightly citrus-ey honeysuckle scent.

It took every fiber of Jimin's being not to eat him then and there, he smelled delicious.

He tensed up, resisting his urges.

"Is something wrong?" Yoongi looked up at him worriedly.

'he's so oblivious' Jimin thought, immediately feeling too remorseful to even think about eating him anymore.

"Where did you come from?"

"I could call my phoenix to guide us, are there any birds nearby?"

"No no, definitely not. There is no life on this side of the forest."

"So why are you hear then? Not to pry or anything."

"There's a lake nearby and next to that lake there's a cluster of caves, they're filled with gems and crystals."

"Oh! Oh! Can we go there together, please? I wanna see all the pretty crystals!"

Jimin chuckled lightly. "Not until I get you home and help you get that ankle fixed up."

"Oh yeah, I think I came from that way!" Yoongi pointed to the direction he came from.

Jimin ran in that direction until they could see Yoongi's house, it took a while.

"Oh that's my house!! Would you like to come in for some tea?"

Yoongi hugged Jimin and Jimin felt heat rush to his face.

'What is this?? There's just something about him, something I can't put my finger on...'

Jimin was baffled, he could have just gobbled Yoongi up a long time ago but something was stopping him.

What was so special about this fairy?

Jimin brought him inside and set him on a cot next to the window.

"Do you have anything to help your ankle?"

Yoongi pointed to a drawer where he kept everything Jin sent him, there was a healing potion in there.

He grabbed the bottle and uncorked it, bringing it up to Yoongi's lips...

And then he was attacked by a big ball of fire.

He stumbled back, dropping the bottle to the floor with a crash as he desperately tried to fight it off.

"Evangeline!" although Yoongi was trying to be stern his voice came out quite soft, it was enough to sway the evil fireball nonetheless.

She flew over to him, pressing her forehead against his.

She tried to put a wing around him but he gently pushed her away, giving her a stern look.

"No no Evangeline, no cuddles right now. You should say sorry to Jimin, he helped me and it was mean of you to attack him like that."

Evangeline shook her head, squawking in protest.

"Pleaseee?" Yoongi asked softly, giving her a pleading look.

Although reluctant she squawked the closest thing to an 'I'm sorry' she could muster, shamefully hiding her face with her wing.

"Good girl Evangeline."

"Oh no, the potion spilled everywhere, I'm so sorry Yoongi." Jimin was looking around for a broom to sweep up the shards, he felt guilty.

"U-um the broom and dustpan are in the kitchen."

Jimin went and grabbed the broom, dustpan, and a towel to wipe up the mess.

He awkwardly cleaned it up while Yoongi was chatting to Evangeline.

"Nuh uh! No no Evangeline, I haven't finished reading that book yet, don't spoil it!" Yoongi playfully scolded her, giggling while petting her head.

Jimin smiled at the conversation even if he couldn't understand what Evangeline was saying.

After he cleaned the mess he stood up and went back to the same drawer to grab the bandages.

"We should use these to wrap your ankle." Jimin tried to patch Yoongi up but everytime he got close to the smaller Evangeline freaked out and tried to attack him again.

Yoongi ended up having to hold Evangeline back while Jimin wrapped his ankle and elevated it, how lovely.

"Oh my, I must have overstayed my welcome. I will go."

"Wait!" Yoongi grabbed his arm before he could walk away like they were in a bad cliche drama. "I know this is a lot to ask, but could you please stay with me? At least until my hyung gets here??"

Yoongi looked up at him with pleading eyes, his face dusted a light shade of pink.

What was Jimin supposed to do? Say no??

He was reluctant though, staying would most likely make Yoongi even more sick.

But he wanted to be with Yoongi, even if it's only for a while.

He couldn't just leave the fairy all alone in this helpless state.

'Just until his hyung gets here'