𝐏 𝐫 𝐨 𝐥 𝐨 𝐠 𝐮 𝐞

The Spanish love deception by Elena Armas was one of the most popular book of 2021. Most people liked it because it had several tropes from fake dating to office romance to enemies to lovers. It had got 4/5 stars and you know it is damn good if the rating is at Goodreads

Jisoo put the book inside the wooden box. Two different books had already been shoved there by her in the past. Surprisingly, both of those were having enemies to lover trope. She scoffed at the amount of worst books she had read. In her opinion, she has wasted her time by doing it

"How was it?" Jungkook, her best friend asked. "WHAT? Are you kidding me? No, you aren't going to sell those. Just give it to me." He tried to snatch the box from her hands but she passed him a harsh glare. "You are not reading those."

"Okay. At least not the Punk 57 one." She sighed when she saw him giving her those puppy eyes. "Take this all and I swear to God if you ever bring me these kinds of books again, especially on my birthday. I'll sue you"

"Alright, but why? Give me an explanation." He questioned with his hands on his hips

"Because they are unrealistic. When you hate someone, you can't fall in love with someone l-like that. It will always be irritating to see their face." She spoke again. "I don't know why everyone seems to love this trope. It is so fucking weird."

Jungkook pulled out two ice cream packets from the fridge before giving one to her. "I want that one." He rolled his eyes at her. "Chocolate won't bite you. Change your taste sometimes."

"Naah. I'm good with this." She licked her ice cream to savour the litchi flavour. Her brain froze when she bit it but after a few seconds, everything felt normal and nice. "You know there is something different stored for you. Something extraordinary that would make you fall in love with the person whom you hate the most."

Hearing those words from her best friend was like a whale swallowing her in the middle of an ocean. "I hope you step on legos, Kook. That would be so entertaining to me."

"I just said what I was thinking." She scowled at him. "Then please hesitate to say anything in front of me."

"You are just scared, Soo." He again felt the need to say the words which were pushing to come out of his mouth. "From what?"

"From falling in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time"

➵───────────────❥

Prologues are always boring no? But I can assure you that chapters aren't ✨