~Prologue~

Moriarty the Patriot belongs to Ryosuke Takeuchi and Hikaru Miyoshi, and is based off the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. All of the events in this chapter are from season 1 episode 2 of Moriarty the Patriot or Yuukoku no Moriarty. You can play the video at the top, but only if you wish to do so. Without further ado, I hope you enjoy the prologue of My Partner In Crime - Moriarty the Patriot X male reader.
.
.
.
.

~|~

The end of the 19th century, a midst the upheaval caused by the industrial revolution, Britain steadily expands its colonisation, eventually its territories cover 1/4 of the earth. An empire on which the sun never sets. Despite being the greatest dominion in history, the land is ruled by the affluent, which makes up less than 3% of the total population. In statement of contrast with rapid advancement of technology, an archaic class structure remains firmly booted in place. This system rigidly divides people into social categories, where an individual's merit is determined by the family they're born into and as a result, inevitably creates wide spread discrimination.

M/N was 5 years old. He wore a quite battered white collared shirt with a worn out jumper that he found on top of it. This worn out jumper had a rip through the centre, so it was more like a jacket to the 5 year old. Finally, he wore shorts that just about went past his knees. Despite looking like just another poor child on the street, M/N was actually quite smart and had vast amounts of knowledge, which no doubt helped him at times.

The young boy wanted to see his parents again. In his memories, they looked so bright and full of joy and love. But even he couldn't recall on the last time he had seen them. When they told him that they'd be back for him. Just as he recalled that he felt a few tears stream down his small face. The boy shivered beneath the cold and he wiped the few tears away. Winter was just about coming to a close but the cold temperatures, at times, still remained. Though the boy decided that he couldn't just simply stay there and give in to the cold. He needed to get up and do something worth doing.

It was a risk worth taking in the 5 year olds' mind. Even with the danger of nobles and other dangerous possibilities, he persevered and headed on his way. Though that didn't stop the nobles and their insults. The boy had two different coloured eyes, which was something that the noblemen, women and even children couldn't seem to let go of. Others just ignored him.

Then all of a sudden, a strawberry blonde haired noble pushed him to the ground and began kicking him with his expensive looking shoes. When the strawberry blonde haired noble finally stopped, thankfully after a short time, the boy caught sight of another noble. This one had brown hair and green eyes that could be mistaken for emeralds. This noble looked towards the strawberry blonde haired noble with malice. But then looked at him with sympathy and it was clear that all he wanted to do was to get him away from these nobles and aristocrats, specifically that strawberry blonde haired noble.

The boy, known as M/N, had made it to the destination in which he had in mind. The British museum's reading room. He of course came unattended, but still began to read the books, some familiar books he'd read before, others that he hasn't, there for a few hours until he grew tired. But when he got up to leave, he was caught by the head librarian. Then he was given to two women, an elderly woman and one younger woman. These women then brought him back to a place called Hatton Garden Ragged School, where he was greeted by some excited children.