The Meanings of Seclusion

بِسْمِ ٱللَّـهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Hello to all my lovely readers, been awhile am not writing 😁 now wanna share to you something different about what am gonna tell ya !! Stay calm, relax and enjoy reading 📖☕🍪

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This stories is all about Life's....

Khalwat is a term that many people may still not recognize. Khalwat is taken from Arabic and has two opposite meanings. Seclusion has both positive and negative meanings in its use.

Therefore, of course, you have to be careful in saying or writing it. Do not misunderstand the meaning of the word seclusion conveyed by someone. Recognizing the context under discussion is of course very important.

Khalwat is referring to seclusion. However, seclusion or seclusion has two contradictory meanings. One of them earns you a reward, the other makes you a sin.

Seclusion is
Self-isolation (to calm the mind, seek inner peace, and so on). 

Seclusion is a word that comes from the Arabic word “khalwah” which literally means to show a desire to be alone. In Arabic, doing seclusion is showing silence to contemplate Allah SWT and remember Him at all times by chanting Allah's name in the heart, mind or mouth. The term khalwat in this case has the same meaning as bersuluk.

One of the positive meanings, namely seclusion or seclusion is seclusion in a quiet place to meditate, worship, and so on. The second meaning, namely the meaning that has a negative connotation, namely seclusion or seclusion is a two-to-one between a man and a woman who are not muhrim in a quiet or hidden place.

The two meanings of seclusion are of course very contradictory to one another. When the first meaning of seclusion is seclusion for worship, which is a very good deed and can yield rewards. Meanwhile, the meaning of khalwat which is then to be alone between men and women who are not married in a quiet place, is a very bad act and will result in sin. The similarity of the two meanings of seclusion is doing something together in a quiet place.

Knowing Suluk and Seclusion in a Positive Meaning

Suluk is the path to inner perfection. In addition, you can also understand that suluk is self-isolation or seclusion. Taking the path of suluk involves a lifelong discipline in carrying out the exoteric rules of Islam (shari'a) as well as the esoteric rules of Islam (hakikat).

The path of suluk or suluk also includes the desire to know oneself, understand the essence of life, seek God, and seek the true truth (ilahiyyah). This is done through lifelong self-forging by carrying out external laws as well as internal ones in order to achieve a pure heart to know oneself and God. So, it can be concluded that the people who do seclusion are the perpetrators of mysticism. This of course applies to the first meaning, namely seclusion is seclusion in a quiet place to meditate, worship, and so on.

The word suluk comes from the terminology of the Qur'an, Fasluki, in Surah An-Nahl [16] verse 69, Fasluki subula rabbiki zululan, which means And follow the path of your Rabb which has been made easy (for you). Suluk is an activity of remembrance of Allah SWT, leaving worldly thoughts and actions only to get closer and gain the pleasure of Allah SWT. A person who takes the path of suluk is called salik. The words suluk and salik are usually related to Sufism or Sufism and tarekat. That's an explanation of the difference in the meaning of seclusion and seclusion that you need to understand.

Knowing Ikhtilat and Seclusion in a Negative Meaning

In a negative sense, seclusion or seclusion is a pair of men and women who are not married in a quiet or hidden place. This term is often equated with other words, namely ikhtilat.

Quoting from Umma, the linguistic meaning of ikhtilat comes from the word ikhtalatha-yakhtalithu-ikhtilathan, which means mixed and mingled. This refers to the mixing or mixing of men and women in a joint activity, without any dividing line.

The difference between the terms ikhtilat and khalwat is the number of people, where khalwat is just a couple, meanwhile men and women ikhtilat in more than two people mingle in an activity without being separated by distance. In fact, when there is a group activity involving many men and women, it is obligatory not to mix or mingle with the opposite sex.

The separation that is carried out when there are mixed or mixed activities is usually by using a wall, either padded or with a barrier cloth that is not see-through. However, some other scholars say that separation is sufficient by position and distance, without having to cover it with a veil. That's the difference between seclusion and ikhtilat that you need to understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The End❣~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, how was it 😁 as you can see, you've got some good knowledge ryt ! Because you are SMART 💁‍♀️..

Here some Extra knowledgebase to take :-

Khalwa (Arabic, also khalwat; lit., "solitude"; pronounced in Iran, "khalvat"; spelling in Turkish, halvet) has several meanings in Sufism, Islamic jurisprudence, and the Druze religion, which in some way derive from the concept of being alone or withdrawing from the world.

Thanks for your all good times 💁‍♀️ till next time...tata~♡