2

You took a deep breath as you prepared to go down to the dungeon, but as you descended down the stairs, someone grabbed your arm. It was Ace.

"What really happened last night?" He asked, looking down at you with a frown.

"I told you, I don't remember, okay?" You pulled your arm away. "I just lost it completely! Those animal looking psycho vamps attacked me! They spiked my drink."

He blinked in surprise, "They were hybrids. Which is something that you would know if you attended the family meetings! When was the last time you came to one?"

This conversation again? You really had to go down there to check on the hunter, but you couldn't just leave him hanging. "They are boring. Nothing new is said, and I have better ways to spend my time."

"Like staying out at clubs until it's almost dawn?"

"Like having fun."

He regarded you with a raised eyebrow, "Why were you in there till late?" He came closer, and looked straight into your eyes. "We finally have a home, after years of running, of being hunted, we found a family that doesn't care what we are, and they accept us! You've put them all in danger! If they come for us, do you honestly think they'll let purebloods like Sabo and Luffy go?"

You would never do anything to put those two in danger, ever. You would never intentionally harm anyone in your family. "I didn't mean to, okay? Yes, I stayed out way too late, but it wasn't my intention to kill someone and put us all in danger!" You said.

"You've been acting strange lately though," Ace argued. "Are you relapsing again? Should I be concerned?" He asked this telepathically.

That was unexpected. You messed up once and his mind immediately went there? You could not believe him. You couldn't believe that he would bring this up now of all times, having seen how much you struggled with this in the past.
"You're unbelievable, Ace. How could you even ask me that? You of all people? How many humans have you killed? Huh? I'm sure it's a hundred times mine! I killed one! Just one!" You shouted at him.

"I didn't mean-"

But you wouldn't let him explain himself, "Screw you, Ace. I gotta go check on my one and only victim. Excuse me." You cast him a very pointed glare before you continued on your way.

***

The hunter was lying on the cold hard floor, not breathing. Zoro had been watching him before you got here, and you'd let him go, to get some rest. The hunter was pale white, no colour on his skin, and no breath in his chest. He truly was, for all intents and purposes, dead. It was almost midday now, and you'd been attacked early morning, usually the people reawakened in the first 6 to 12 hours after death.

You stood there, across from the cell he was locked in, and you wondered what to say to him. You had to explain, of course , you rehearsed what to say in your head, you'd heard Sabo say it a few times whenever someone new was turned. You suddenly wished that he was here with you, right now. But you couldn't trouble Sabo with your own screwups, not again.

The hunter stirred, and opened his eyes. He blinked as he sat up and looked around. He took note of the fact that he was sitting on the floor, and he was locked up.

"What the fuck?" He muttered.

"Good morning!" You said, with what you hoped was a bright smile.

His eyes snapped up to you, "Who the hell are you?"

"The grim reaper?" You tried for some humour.

He was not impressed.

"Wait a minute," he squinted at you. "Aren't you the chick I saved from those bloodsuckers? What the hell? What's going on? Why the fuck is it so cold in here?"