Suicide

It happened two weeks after the Friday we had met. We would hang out at the park everyday at whatever time could be spared. Ardor was a regular customer at Petrichors' since he loved to write there. Our friendship evolved and soon we were laughing so damn much I had to warn him about getting wrinkles...resulting in another fit of laughter. 

Our professional lives consisted of making silly faces at one another, sometimes ridiculous, sometimes flirtatious. Honestly, I would never get tired of having him in my life. Its this strange type of friendship where we're friends, sometimes more but close friends nonetheless. 

"You know, I have this unexplainable feeling that you're thinking about me" Ardor contemplates, one hand stroking an imaginary beard.

"Oh, yes I sure am thinking about you. Plotting the ways of luring you to your imminent death, of course" I throw him the most innocent poker face I could muster.

"Seduction." he responded immediately, doing a strange spiderman -like movement with his hands and shaking them. Sorta reminded me of the 90's rock n roll hand symbols. I blow out an exasperated breath as he continues on with his logical plan in how I could plot his demise. 

"I'm 18, an adult and you, Xia, are a mere mortal peasant child. If you seduce me, you can say..." he paused for dramatic effect, "That I am a total pedo." 

I sputter. Ardor? A pedophile? What in heavens!

"Am I not a convincing enough child predator?" he questions worriedly, distress written all over his face. "I mean honestly every child who sees you will be begging for your affection" I flick my eyebrows at him. He pauses walking to stare at a statue.

"My sister used to talk about this one. Its called Obos, 'Our bodies, ourselves'. She was a bigtime woman rights kinda gal" he spoke in a string of words, fluently and skillfully.

Wait, hold up. Did Ardor just say the word  gal in that accented voice of his? I know it isn't the right time but woah, that was...interesting. 

Back to the present, he was mumbling incoherent words, presumably about his childhood....with his sister. His easy smile became a frown and I immediately hated the fact I was so useless in the comforting part of friendship. I could offer advice and guidance but the best I could do to comfort someone was give them a hug.

So that's exactly what I do, I give Ardor a big old hug. "OI YOU'RE STIFLING ME" he gasps for air as I embrace him as tight as I could. We lose balance and plummet into a pile of leaves. Oh, the impending fresh scent of Spring was rejuvenating. The mood lifted and I was ecstatic with the fact I had made Ardor happy.

"What should I call you?" he promptly and unexpectedly inquired. "By my name?" I suggested confusedly. He shakes his head and smiles, "I want something only you and I have, nobody else." His words make my heart flutter and I bite my lip to hide a dizzy smile. 

"Ataraxie?" he questions, hope and a hint of embarrassment in those hazelnut eyes. My eyes light up and I nod vigorously, "Yes, its perfect!"

Then a gunshot goes off, 2 centimeters away from my cranium. For a few seconds, my ears split from the high screech that had gone off in my head. I spin around, panic grasping me at the morbid scene. 

"Oh. Shit." Ardor uses a profanity for the first time I've heard since being in his presence. I'm not as affected as I should be. "Shit.shit.shit.shit.shit" he grabs his head in frustration. This....this...was not a walk in the park.

ʘ▨▥▦▣▩▮▯◊▪▫▤▧◉◎◒◘⋛⋞⋱⋮⋰⋯

This part was short. 

Like death,

Like life.

It was brief, like that final breath. 

It was exhilarating, like the feeling before freedom.

Its a finality, like when you pull the trigger,

There's no going back.

Its here or nowhere,

Feel the fear.

-Shady_stuff (IM)