Chapter 1

October 2023

Marsh Grove, Pennsylvania

I was at the mini mart, getting a bag of Doritos, and a Sprite. I was the only person there, and the mini mart clerk kept eyeing me, like I was an alien from Mars or something. To my surprise, I saw a rat scurrying by the bathrooms. The place reeked of cigarette smoke, and broken beer bottles were scattered all over the black and white tiled floor.

"You gonna stay here all day?" asked the mini mart clerk, with a heavy Portuguese accent.

"I was scooting along!" I protested. The sound of someone screaming, shot through my ears. "Someone is in trouble!"

"Who's in trouble?" inquired the mini mart clerk.

"Didn't you hear someone scream?"

"No! You must be hearing things, yeah?"

"It is October, after all. Halloween is coming. Maybe someone was trying to get into the Halloween vibe." I shrugged it off, and paid for my snack and soda. I left the mini mart, and walked back home. A mild breeze blew across my face.

"Help me! I'm locked in the trunk!" A woman's cries were coming from a blue 1975 Lincoln Continental coupe with a Pennsylvania license plate. I dashed over, and put my snack and soda down. I got the car keys that laid on top of the trunk. I unlocked it, and when it was open, there was no one inside.

"How can that be?" I wondered. "I distinctly heard a woman screaming inside the trunk of this car!"

Bewilderment washed over my face, as I tried to process what happened. I quickly slammed the trunk closed and put the car keys back where they were, before the owner caught me on their property. I got my snack and soda, and continued on my way home.

I unlocked the door to my brick house, and walked inside. I didn't know what the heck was going on, but I tried to blow it away, by watching some TV, and cook some pasta.

Something fishy is going on. And, I don't know what.

A/N Hey guys! What did you think of this first chapter? Did it give you goosebumps? Again, this is my first time writing a paranormal story, so please go easy on me. Don't be a silent reader. Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this story with others! Thanks guys! Love you all!! 💛💙💜💜