-Price of freedom-

Necromancy is slowly becoming a fairy tale to vampires. Something to tell the young of us. I was as far away from the inquisition as I had to be. I personally never understood their mission. Now here I fell victim to a necromancer, one working for vampires at that. I have to be careful, I felt a fool letting this Keelhara get the drop on me in any capacity. There were stories in my time, none have ever worried me, I strongly underestimated witches. How naïve.

     I feel the sun coming up, my body slightly drops in strength and the bleeds will soon start. I listen outside of the room, Fen grabbed the letter opener as a weapon in one hand, and one of the silver chains wrapped around her other. I tried reasoning with her that the guards during the day were most likely not guards. I think she may have drank too much of my blood, she seems out of focus. Just extra reason to keep my guard up. I will get you out of here. There could be other witches out there. I checked the door minutes ago, he was cocky enough to not lock it. I should be insulted.

     I only heard maybe 3 other people in the pub across the hallway, still if they are witches that is 3 potential necromancers. 

     I sense fear in Fen, Sweet innocence fills her eyes. I put my hands on both of her forearms, her body is shaking very lightly. "My love, I promise I will let no harm come to you ever again. You have my word." I stare into her eyes, her body relaxes under my touch. "I can help you as far as the pub, you have to lead the people in there to the hall for me." Fen tenses again.

     "I'm not leaving you here, I won't let them hurt you again." Fen protests me, her eyes jolting nervously. 

     "I can't go out in the sun to help you..." I sense she can tell the guilt I carry from my voice.

     "Then I'll stay here. and help you!" Fen pleads.

     "Please do not be foolish on behalf of me. I cannot promise to keep you away from harm if you go running into it. This is your only chance to get out alive." I raise my left hand to cup Fen's face, she shakes my hands off of her and turns her back to me. I raise my arm to her shoulder and she shakes it away. "Fen, I can get out of here now that you have healed me. We must hurry."

     Fen turns back towards the door, not making eye contact with me she blinks tears from her eyes. "Fine, let's go." Fen furrows her brow subtly but just enough to get her tone across. My heart wounded thinking of losing her, yet torn at the thought leaving her alone. 

     "Thank you." I put simply. I head out of the room first, slowly opening the door to peak through for any guards. Empty, so far. I slowly walk out, Fen not far behind. We moved meticulously to not make a sound.

     Most of the doors were closed shut, save a few I made sure to duck and look inside for anyone. One had a pile of naked vampires and humans passed out after what I could only assume to be a very profitable night. Others were empty, and others simply with  few coffins in them. we stepped silently, finally reaching the door to the pub.

     I stop and Fen takes a long inhale. I listen for more information before sending her into there. Fen's dress was ragged and torn on the bottom, she noticed me staring and her eyes widened with an idea. Fen drops the chain and knife briefly and begins tearing a sizeable length out of her dress, quite a few inches above the knee. She then tears off 2 pieces from the excess fabric, using one to wipe off her skin of blood and dirt as best she could manage. The other she uses to tie her hair up to be more presentable. Fen lifts her dress and stashes the knife away in the waistline. I flatten out the seams of her dress and hold my hands there for a moment. 

     "How do I look?" Fen smiles softly.

     "Perfect." I answer. Worry finds it's way into both of our minds. "Hey, I will make it back to you. Trust me, I couldn't bare leaving you alone." I felt a pang of guilt for the fashion I left her last night.