Chapter 9.

Alex had spent half the night tossing and turning, after losing her sister - or who she believed was Allison, she was eaten up with guilt, feeling as if she chose someone who might even exist over her.

The worst part was having to tell people, first on the list was Scott,

Alex walked hrough to his kitchen, she was invited in by Theo, which didn't really help the situation. She kinda wished they would have sent him back last night.

Alex had passed the living room, Liam and Hayden were sleeping, taking a break from babysitting Theo.

"Hey" Scott said, "everything okay?"

Alex glanced at Theo and than back at Scott "he was right, Allison was.. she's -.."

Alex let out a small breath, "she was never here, she died. He wasn't lying. I figured it out last night and after I put it all together, she was just gone"

"I had a dream last night" Scott started "she died in my arms, and when I woke up I felt a familiar type of pain, one thar never really went away"

"You have to know. It wasn't really her, it was a ghost rider who looked like her. They do that, they take the form of someone you love who was lost because of the person they took" Theo explained

"Are you okay?" Scott asked

"I'm not sure" Alex admitted, "I need to go tell my dad and Lydia and-..

"I'll tell Lydia, you need to focus on your dad right now" Scott offered

"Thanks, I appreciate that"

...

Alex walked by the reception, to her surprise she seen her dad sitting up, with actual clothes on.

"Are you getting discharged?" She asked,

"Yeah" he nodded, he watched as Alex dropped her head "what is it?"

"Allison.. it's- god I don't even know how to do this"

"She's dead" he mumbled, as if he was suddenly remembering.

"The ghost riders brought her back as a way to keep stiles forgotten, but than Theo came back and he remembered everything. So I went searching and I found answers"

"Are you okay"

"I'm sorry" she quavered, "she's gone because of me.. because of my obsession with this stiles person, I'm so sorry"

"Hey, no, come here" Chris pulled Alex into his arms, "she wasn't Allison, all the memories after her death weren't real, they weren't ours. This is not your fault"

"I'm going insane" she said into his shoulder,

She felt insane, stiles was consuming her mind. He was all she thought about, all hours of the day, she knew he existed but she struggled to remember anything beyond his voice. All she wanted was reassurance that he actually existed.

"No, you aren't. You are just certain on something that others aren't"

Alex looked at her dad, she gave a short laugh "so code for crazy"

"You'll figure it out, you always do and as for Allison. If it was really her, she would have fought with you, she would have believed you through everything"