Oh, Cupid, stay away from me!

You were standing next to your car waiting for your sister and her friends to leave the D&D party, when you saw a Camaro stopping next to you.

"Hey, babe." Billy Hargrove said as he left his car, his sunglasses lowered on his nose to take a better look at you.

You gave him a side smile.

"Billy." You said with a curious look. "What are you doing here? I thought that Max was gonna come to sleep in tonight."

Billy shrugged and looked at you.

"She forgot her stupid backpack and they send me." He looked at you up and down with a smirk playing on his lips." You know, now that I see you here I'm glad I came. What are you doing after taking the girls home?" He glanced into your eyes, his right hand pressed onto your car, leaning towards you. "You know we could do something fun."

You rolled your eyes trying not to show how bothered you were with his proximity.

"I'm afraid she already has other plans." Steve said, walking towards them with Robbie on his side.

"Harrington." Billy said, sounding more like a grumble.

"Hargrove." They stared at each other like they were playing a stare contest.

Robin turned to you with a look on her face that you read as 'Can you believe this guys?'.

You holded in a laugh.

Steve's eyes softened when he saw you.

"Y/N you know I already told you that I don't mind giving El a ride home." He said gently.

You smiled at him.

"I know, I know. But my dad wants to be sure she gets home safe and away from Mike."

"He is still not a fan of his?" Robin asked.

"I don't think he ever will." You chuckled.

"I'm really sorry to interrupt you, babe, but I'm still waiting for an answer." Billy said getting closer to you. "You heard, Harrington, he could take the girls home. And then you'll be all mine." He whispered in your ear.

"Okay, alright now, get away from her." Steve said meddling between you and Billy. " I thought I told you that she already had plans."

Billy left out a laugh.

"With who? You?" He asked and then said with his voice dropping venom. "You better not get on my way again, King Steve."

"Hey, guys." Jonathan Byers said not realizing the tension that they were in. He looked at you with glowing eyes. "Hi, Y/N."

You gave him a soft smile.

"Hi, Jonathan." You said kind of relief by his calming presence between the whole testosterone battle that was happening. "Are you here to pick up Will?"

He nodded.

"He has been so happy after he met this Eddie guy." He shrugged. "Talking all day about their D&D party, but after he mentioned that he was a senior for the third time, my mom asked if I could, you know, keep a look on him."

You laughed out loud with the thought of Eddie being considered a threat.

"Well, if she really got concerned, she definitely doesn't know Eddie at all." You said playfull smiling.

Jonathan smiled back at you.

"You know how my mom can be overprotective." You chuckled at that, overprotective was an understanding. "But I'm glad Will found a group of friends. I know how high school can suck."