037. GET RID OF THE MARK

They're in the woods and built a pyre for Charlie. Dean carries Charlie's body that's wrapped in a white sheet. The brothers put her body on the pyre and spread gasoline over it, Dean lighting it on fire.

The five watch as Charlie's body burns, standing in silence. Libby has her arm around Sam's waist and is silently crying as Sam rubs her back.

Ophelia and Nathan are standing a couple of feet away from Dean, all leaving Dean in his own space. Ophelia hasn't stopped messing with her rings since they set the fire.

"Charlie. We're gonna miss you. You were the best. And I'm so sorry--"

"Shut up." Dean cuts his brother off. "You got her killed, you don't get to apologize."

"We were trying to help you." Sam says.

"I didn't need help. I told you to leave it alone." Dean says.

"What were Oph and I supposed to do, just-- watch you die?" Sam asks.

"The Mark isn't gonna kill me." Dean says.

"Maybe not, but-- when it's done with you, you won't be you anymore. Dean, you're all the girls and I got. So, of course, we were gonna fight for you because that's what we do. And listen, we had a shot--"

"Yeah, you had a shot. Charlie's dead. Nice shot."

"You think I'm-- you think I'm ever... gonna forgive myself for that?" Sam asks.

"You want to know what I think? I think it should be you and Ophelia up there, not her." Dean states. Ophelia flinches at his words, the tears that she was doing  so well at holding in, falling out.

Nathan looks at her, feeling jaw clench as he spares Dean an angry glance. Nathan grabs Ophelia's shaky hand, holding it and allowing her to squeeze his hand out of both anger and sadness.

"This thing, with Cas and the book ends now. Shut it down before somebody else gets hurt. You understand me?" Dean orders.

"And what about you?" Sam asks after a bit.

"Oh, I'm gonna find whoever did this. And I'm gonna rip apart everything and everyone that they ever loved. And then I'm gonna tear out their heart." Dean says.

"Is that you talking or the Mark?" Sam asks.

"Does it matter?" Dean asks before walking away.

+++

They get to where Rowena and Cas are, walking inside.

"Well, about bloody time." Rowena says.

"Where's Charlie?" Cas asks. Sam gives him a pained expression as the girls both divert their gaze anywhere, but a person. Libby walks over to a step and sits on it, resting her chin on her knee.

"Oh, no, God. I should have gone after her. I-- what happened?" Sam asks.

"Me. The Stynes." Sam says.

"Me, too." Ophelia says.

"Oph... no, you don't-- no." Sam says.

"It was our idea. I didn't stop you from destroying the book... not that you could've, but if it was possible, I didn't stop it. We talked to Charlie and we got her involved. You can blame yourself, I can too."

Ophelia goes up the few steps and into a more secluded area of the basement.

"Teenagers, am I right?" Rowena asks.

"Shut up, Rowena." Nathan mutters, following Ophelia.

Nathan walks in, seeing Ophelia sitting on the floor with her back against the wall. He walks over and sits next to her.