Chapter 43: My brothers try a stupid plan.

It turned out still to be a few months before I was actually called to Detroit as it took that long apparently for Sam to gather the courage to actually say yes. Not because he wanted the final battle to go down but because he thought it was the only way for him to stop Lucifer. He was technically right. The only way Lucifer is going to be stopped is to walk him into the cage and he isn't going to do that willingly. 

Anyway, it was sometime in May when Meg showed up for me and told me that Lucifer wanted me back with him. I didn't argue as it wasn't really fun with Death. Death was hiding some ulterior motive from Lucifer and I so it was definitely not a comfortable experience to be staying with him. I didn't bring it up to Lucifer though when I arrived at him compound. I doubted that Death would be able to do anything directly against Lucifer with the chains that are on him. He would have to go through the Winchesters and I wasn't too worried about that.

"Hey Lucifer," I grin as I walk into the room. "You done keeping me in daycare?"

"It was for your safety." Lucifer says. He looked so much worse or I guess his host did as he had so many red bleeding bumps all over his face. His host was failing to contain him and he needed Sam really soon, "The Winchesters are not hesitating to kill you. I don't believe they are thinking that saving you is an option anymore." I don't know what but that made me angry. I don't need someone else deciding if I need protection.

"I'm stronger than them. I don't need the protection." I glare at him, "Next time, don't send me away." I could feel a steady heat underneath my skin and I couldn't tell it was because

Lucifer eyes me carefully before putting his hands up, "Duly noted." He gestures for Meg to leave us as he walks toward me. "Now that clarification has been made, the Winchesters are on their way here."

I raise an eyebrow in surprise, "How do you know?"

"I know your brothers have collected the Horsemen rings which is the key to the Cage." Lucifer says.

"The Cage?" I ask before Lucifer looks at me expectantly and I realize he was talking about the cage he was trapped in for years, "Ah that Cage."

"They are on their way here so Sam can say Yes to me. He believes that he can win the battle for his body against me which would allow him to walk me straight into the Cage." Lucifer explains.

"I doubt Sam is that strong." I say.

Lucifer laughs, "Not even close but I will let him think that he will." I laugh knowing that Sam and Dean will not expect us to actually know.

~~~

It was only like a few hours till my brothers showed up outside the compound. When Sam and Dean were dragged in by our demon guards, I could tell Sam was juiced up on demon blood.

"Hey guys!" Lucifer says nonchalantly, "So nice of you to drop in." Lucifer breaths on the window pane that we were standing next to. He makes me chuckle when he draws a pitchfork in the condensation.

"Sorry if it's a bit chilly. Most people think I burn hot. It's actually quite the opposite." Lucifer says apologetically. It was actually kinda of chilly even for me.

"Well, I'll alert the media." Dean says sarcastically.

"Help me understand something, guys." Lucifer says turning toward my brothers, "I mean, stomping through my front door is... a tad suicidal, don't you think?"

"We're not here to fight you." Sam says. I made sure my features didn't reveal that we already knew that.

"No?" Lucifer says acting so surprised and confused. "Then why are you?"

"I want to say 'yes.'" Sam continues.

"Excuse me?" Lucifer asks looking at Sam for clarification. Sam takes an obviously intake of breath before he closes his eyes. Then out of the corner of my eyes, I see two demons drop dead in flashes of light.

Lucifer grins. "Chock-full of Ovaltine, are we?" 

"You heard me. Yes." Sam says almost angrily.

"You're serious." Lucifer says eyeing Sam carefully although we already knew why he was saying yes.

"Look, Judgment Day's a runaway train. We get it now. We just want off." Sam explains and I could tell that he was trying hard to make Lucifer not suspicious.

"Meaning?" Lucifer prompts.

"Deal of the century. I give you a free ride, but when it's all over, I live, he lives," Sam gestures to Dean. "you bring our parents back," Sam looks at me, "You release our sister back to us-"

"Okay, can we please drop the telenovela? I know you have the rings, Sam." Lucifer interrupts obviously not wanting to keep the charade up any longer.

Sam was startled but he still tried to keep up the lie, "I have no idea what you're talking about." 

"The Horsemen's rings? The magic keys to my Cage? Ring a bell? Come on, Sam. I've never lied to you. You could at least pay me the same respect. " Lucifer says as Sam looks at Dean uneasily, "It's okay. I'm not mad. A wrestling match inside your noggin... I like the idea. Just you and me, one round, no tricks. You win, you jump in the hole. I win... Well, then I win. What do you say, Sam? A fiddle of gold against your soul says I'm better than you."

"So he knows. Doesn't change anything." Sam says under his breath to Dean. He didn't have to know that Lucifer and I could still hear him.

"Sam." Dean warns.

"We don't have any other choice." Sam snaps.

"No." Dean pleads but Sam turns back to Lucifer and says the magic word.

"Yes." With that three-letter word utter, Lucifer closes his eyes and a bright light emanates from him. I hold my hand over my eyes to block my view of Lucifer's form and I could tell Dean did the same. When the glow fades, I lower my hand and I see Sam laying on the ground. I don't know what happened to Lucifer other host body but I just looked at Dean who was staring at me.