My Necklace (Part 2)

Chicago***1920***Rebekah's POV***

We have been running from our father for nine hundred years. We found out that our Mother and Father used Anna's magic to make us vampires five hundred years ago, when the new doppelganger arrived in England. A witch told us that the magic that made us vampires, and the magic that cursed Nik was Anna's not Mother's. 

I have been courting Stefan lately. Nik and I ran from New Orleans and ended up in Chicago. After a moment of watching Nik actually get along with Stefan. I touch my necklace thinking about Anna. 

"She would have liked him," Nik says coming up beside me. "How do you know that I'm thinking of her," I ask. "You touch the necklace she gave you," Nik says. I sigh, "I'm sorry that they used her magic to curse you," I whisper. "You couldn't have controlled it," Nik says. "According to Kol, neither could she,"  I whisper. Nik kisses the top of my head, "Be careful, my little Bekah," he says before walking away. 

***FEW DAYS LATER***

Stefan and I are making out when he notices her necklace. "It's beautiful," he says. "A witch gave it to me," I say. "She says it's magic,"  I tell him. "Is it?" he asks. "It brought me love, didn't it," I say not wanting to tell him the true reason I still wear the necklace.