Chapter 3: He shows up

To my lovely readers,
I'm so glad you made it here :)

It's your second day of senior high. You're pretty okay with everything that happened yesterday. You're so glad you found a friend like Abby. Today ,you're not very nervous. But your heart keeps pounding faster than usual. After your father drops you at the school, you walk straight into your classroom and take your seat next to Abby. Your homeroom teacher takes the roll call and everyone is settled in their places. It's math again. While you wait for your teachers to switch, a guy, approximately a whole foot taller to you, way better looking than any other guy in the class,walks into the classroom like it's his own. His skin tone is as glowing as the ones from Spain. Particularly, the "Barcelona" region. His hairstyle, is not styled like one of those people that has spikes, bushy in the centre and absolutely no hair around the head or something like that. It's quite decent. You like the decency. He walked into the class with his bag on to sit in his place which is a couple of tables away from you. To your left. As you space out from your chaotic class into the thoughts of who he could be, Abby snaps you back to reality. "Darling,y/n, what you lookin at?"
"Umm,, nothing. Nothing" you stutter. Like the saying goes, Curiosity kills the cat, you were being killed or being eaten away or whatever that feeling is. You can't hold it in anymore. So you ask her "Abby, is that guy a newbie"?. "What??no!!. It's normal that you don't know him because you came only yesterday and he didn't " she says with a tinge of excitement in her tone while talking about him. You notice that. "He's Skyler Williams. We call him Sky" she says, unasked. "He's not an extrovert and doesn't talk unless it's a necessity" she continues. Your math teacher is five minutes late to the class. During the class, you take a look at what he does like it's your job to keep an eye on him. His line of sight is so linear towards the white board that he doesn't look around or move his eyeballs. He seems so interested in math. "Is he a nerd"? You think to yourself. You hate to admit it but he sure is a sight to your eyes. You don't want anybody else to notice you staring at him, so you move your sight in the direction of the white board. Somehow, you made it through math class. It's now your recess time. Boys gather around Sky as soon as the bell rings to ask him why he wasn't there yesterday. He looks so uninterested and rather looks at his book while others talk. On constant questioning , he responds. " I was on a date". His reply was not very audible but as soon as the boys around him started to shout the "000" thing to hype that reply, you could frame a sentence with the words you could hardly hear. Along with that ooo-ing of the mischievous boys, your heart sank. You acknowledge that you just saw him an hour ago.
But what is this? Let alone a boyfriend, you've not even had any friends in guys your whole life. It's not that you're unappealing. But it's more like, "Oh, what if I'm not her type"-. The intention makes you happy but what if every guy has the same thought? Are you destined to be alone for the rest of your life? Somehow, when you looked at him, for the first time , you thought, "do i fit his taste in girls?" -

Love,
Me<3