prologue.

"Come back to me, Y/n."

"I will."

"Promise me."

Y/n bent a knee and took one of his King's hands. His eyes never once looking up. His head bowed. His eyes closing. A little smile dancing across his lips as he kissed his King's hand.

"I promise to come back, my King."

"Even after all this time, you still won't look up at me? Into my eyes?"

"I .. do not deserve such an honor. I am, merely an assassin after all."

"Yes .. but you're my assassin."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Fujimaru barely got his eyes to open. His lips parted slightly as he was greeted by the sight of his second servant, y/n l/n. An assassin of Uruk. Not much is known about him. Not even his noble phantasm. So when he was summoned to help Fujimaru with restoring history and fixing the singularities, well, Mash and the others didn't know how to react.

But, the assassin has still proven himself time and time again that he could be relied on.

"Something wrong, Master?"

"No .. I think i was having a dream about- about your past."

Y/n looked at his master, head tilted to the side as a curious look overtook his features, "really? What was i doing?"

Fujimaru blushed a little as he looked away. For some odd reason, he felt the dream he had seen was a tad bit personal and wasn't meant for others to see. Even if if was something as small as kissing someone's hand, he still felt like it was an act that someone like him, a bystander, wasn't supposed to witness. Not to mention that the dream was done where no one else was around except for y/n and whoever his king was.

"I- I ugh can't really remember. I think you were fighting someone I think?"

"Ah, that doesn't really narrow it down, but I understand and would like to apologize."

"Apologize?"

"Yes, Master .. since I'm an assassin some of my battles tend to be one-sided and underhanded, and well .. I really don't like people seeing that side of me."

Fujimaru scratched the back of his head, he was at a total loss of words. What was he supposed to say? I'm sorry you were an assassin and killed a lot of people? Yeah, he definitely wasn't going to say that.

"Anyway, Master. I believe we are to leave for the seventh singularity today. I'll go prepare and make sure Mash is also ready."

"Thank you."

"Its no worries-"

"No, I really mean it. Thank you, Y/n. You may be an assassin, but you do things and make decisions that I could never make. You saved me and Mash so many times because of that. So, thank you."

Now y/n was at a loss of words. His mouth opening and closing a few times before he regained his ground. Closing his eyes and thinking of what to say next, he took a breath and looked at his Master once more.

"It is i who should be thanking you, Master. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll see you in a few minutes."

Fujimaru hoped that y/n's wish would come true in this next singularity.