Ain't Nothin' Too Hot for Me

"Yo, you gonna have to go to my room soon, ma." I looked up to Ashtray, him coming into the livingroom. I watched him for a second, him messing with some stuff on the table in the dining room area.

"You guys gonna be doing business?" I asked, not having to be a genius to figure that out as he started sectioning money.

"Yeah, and I don't want you an'where near this fuckin' guy." I sucked my teeth some, relaxing back into my seat some on the couch.

"Look at you, actin' like you care. Careful Sunshine, your good side is showin'." I giggled out some, not bothering to look over at him as I continued to scroll on the phone. At least Jules seems to be having fun.. I almost frowned, Jules having left for the weekend to visit TC.

"Would you just go upstairs?!" I hummed amusingly, my smile bright as I ignored his orders. Knowing full well I had some more time, he just didn't wanna deal with me. I froze for a second, Ash's eyes on me instantly just as mine were to him. Someone knocking.

"Stay." He warned. I sat up from the couch the second he left, full alert.

"The fuck yo-" Ash started.

"Yo, Fezco here?" Rue cuts him off.

"Man, thought he said yo ass ain't 'loud here no more." They finally enter the room, Rue's eyes falling on me instantly. It looking as they she has a thousand thoughts going on at once.

"Sup Rue?" She half shrugged. I hadn't talked to Rue since she called me. I tried texting, but she never replied.

"I gotta talk to Fez." She takes off suddenly, as if remembering why she came here in the first place. I looked after her confused, her going for Fezco's grandma's room. How the fuck she know he was.. what? She must come here often then. She hasn't been here since I've been staying with them though.. Well, it's not like I'm actually here 24/7.

"Marina, I ain't playin', when he gets here, I need you to shut the fuck up and stay in that room. Got it?" I felt the heaviness of his words, not so much worrying about something happening with this dude per say, but the intensity of Ash. It was like he was actually worried about me being near this guy. Wonder if this guy is really so scary.. or if Ash is just trying to scare me. Hmm.. I mean, drug dealers.. so, like.. Not all of them are friendly looking like Fezco.

"Are you listening to me? I'm being deadass right now, Marina. Stay in the room." I nod, looking towards Rue and Fezco.

"In the meantime, I'mma go be nosy." I go for the room, hearing Rue talking about.. Morgan Freeman? Man, what? I almost laughed.

"I'm serious, Marina."

"I promise, geez. I rather be goin' threw your shoes and see'n which ones I'mma swap mine for than hang around some fuckface anyways." I smile to myself, hearing him trail after me some.

"The only way I finna swap with you is if you be givin' me them Diamond kicks. If not than you leave mine the hell alone before I go to your house and raid your shit." I scoffed laughed back at him, waving him off some.

"You couldn't handle mine. They too hot for you." I state matter-of-factly.. and flirty. I turned away from him, feeling my face go red heavily as I continue walking to grandma's room.

"Ma.." I had stopped in the doorway, leaning into my left side on the doorframe some. My face was mostly blocked by the framework, side glancing him as I leaned back just the slightest.

" Ain't nothin' too hot for me." The smirk on his face.. I hid my face again partially from the doorway, him seeming to be proud of his remark as he gives out a single chuckle under his breath. And here I thought I'd win this round.. I hummed attentively, Rue looking over at me for a split second, beside me.