8

After the war, McGonagall held a party to unite the students and to forget the petty rivalry. They were all tired, no longer kids and having gone through a war which robbed them off their free life. That's where Harry met Draco, for who he was. A distant smile formed on his face as he remembered Draco, more specifically his friend. Ron's status as an Omega was unknown to many including Harry, Hermione knew because that was in her nature. Since he wasn't very keen on accepting his status as an Omega, he was ignorant to many things. Like how Blaise always kept a watchful gaze on Draco. He spent time with the blonde Omega whenever Harry couldn't. He could see this was affecting Harry as well. He felt like the Alpha was trying to steal his friend's boyfriend and like a loyal friend he stepped in. He cornered the Alpha after the class, sometimes he conveniently forgot his biology and sometimes, well most of the times he was ignorant to most of the facts.

No amount of suppressors can ignore a mating bond, an Omega, when in contact with his fated pair would immediately go into heat. The heat would be special, it would start as a simple warmth in his abdomen and gradually spread to the remaining part of the body, like your nerves are getting stimulated slowly one by one. An Omega's smell would become sweeter, the Alpha would snuggle close to the mating gland basking in warmth. This heat like others would not be associated with animalistic urge, instead it urges the fated pair to remain close and just remain like that for a couple of days, until the heat finally sets in. After the third or fourth day, they generally bond by sinking their fangs to the mating glands, sealing their fate together.

Ron had started ignoring his second gender a long time ago, and he was quite sure that he was straight as well. An Omega rarely had a female Alpha. So he didn't really know how a fated pair worked. It was only when the warmth started pooling in his chest did he realize that there was something wrong. His heart raced as he pressed his wand further into Blaise's neck. He still remember faint touches, how the Alpha had coaxed his wand out of his hands, ran his hands through the ginger locks, slowly bringing both their bodies together in a close embrace. Blaise slowly explained to him about platonic alphas. Draco was bonded, like in a brotherly way with Blaise and that made him overprotective, Ron had laid his head in the crook of his Alpha's neck listening.

Their love story wasn't easy. It took Blaise nearly a year to make Ron comfortable in his own skin. To accept what he was. Molly was not pleased, nor was Ginny. But Blaise's position as an unspeakable gave him the necessary leverage over his family. Ron was glad. He sighed once again, moving towards one of the chairs. Soon Ginny and Harry along with Molly joined him. The twins rarely attended any galas, Percy worked for the American Ministry and Charley never came home. He wouldn't either, given the chance. Ron kept his glance completely on the glass of wine as Molly and Ginny conversed.

"Ron dear, the finance minister has a beautiful young daughter, she is a beta. Go dance with her when the music starts" Ron was startled by his mother's sudden request. Molly smiled at the girl in a blue dress, two tables away from them, probably the finance minister's daughter.

"Why darling, I thought I was the lucky gentleman to have your dance tonight"