Awwe You Like Me?

I felt bad.. For so many reasons it was hard to focus and fully analyze each one separately. They were all clashing and jumbling in my mind together as one big ball of.. shitty feelings and thoughts, like a void.

"Yo, you good, kid? This 'bout that shit Rue was talkin' 'bout? Ay, look, I-" I pulled away from him finally, shaking my head at him.

"It's fine- Um fine. I think I'm just gonna head home for a bit." I tried. I stepped away from him, going to turn around to leave.

"I don't think, so, kid. Last thing we need is you disappearin' and shit.. Doin' some'em stupid. Look, why don't you come to the store wit' us? Me and Ash was finna head out." He sucked his teeth halfway through, not sounding too amused.

"Let me guess, business?" His face fell in the slightest, going quiet before gesturing towards the door.

"Come on, Gem." I pouted slightly, looking away as I leaned into him. As if hugging him without arms. He chuckled out softly, patting my back roughly, in a playful way though. I walked out, him trailing right behind. I side glanced, Ashtray leaning against the way by the bedroom, arms crossed and a foot resting up on the wall behind him.

"Yeah, no doin' some'em stupid." I felt my brow twitch, a remark coming to mind but didn't want to admit to kissing Ash in front of his brother. So, I kept my mouth quiet, continuing for the front door.

"I'm stealing all the candy when I get there." I grumbled. 

"Eat yourself to diabetes, doesn't bother us any." I held a middle finger up behind my back for Ash, hearing Fezco chuckle under his breath.

"Aight, yous two, save it for when y'all in the freezer and I don't gotta hear that shit." I rolled my eyes, standing by the car door impatiently. Fezco seemed to take his time even more, Ash standing beside me as the closest door to me was behind the passenger seat.

   We looked over at each other, both feeling the other's annoyance at the older male of the bunch.

"You brother's sometimes a bigger child than you." I tease amusingly. He looks and squints his eyes at me.

"You're literally the biggest child out of all of us." I gave him a cocky grin.

"So, you are admitting your still on the childish scale?" He rolled him eyes, going to open his door, it still locked.

"Bro, open the damn doors already!" I giggled as Fezco held a hand up to Ash defensively.

"Hold on, damn bruh. I lost the keys for a second there." I casually opened the door, getting in the car as Ash paused before getting it. Almost lagging to process that Fez had unlocked the doors.

   He got in the car, right as Fezco starts up the car. I lost my smile fairly quickly though, not being able to help but think about everything. As much as I was worried about Jules.. I was pissed. At Nate for being the cunt that he is, but at Jules also, for not telling me. Anything.

   But I was worried too.. Scared for Fezco and Ash. That Mouse dude.. He forced more drugs on them didn't he?.. What happens if they don't end up selling all that?

   I almost jumped, feeling my stomach drop as I started to scare myself. Doing what I do best and started to think. Over think, every angle, possibility, every horrifying outcome, coming to mind.

"How long have you guys worked with Mouse?" I asked out loud, almost regretting it but decided it was whatever. I watched outside, the sun not quite set but would be within the next hour or so.

"I mean.. for some time." I hummed quietly under my breath, and I continued watching out the window. Eyes darting to someone I saw moving, someone just taking out trash. Soon enough we made it to the store, Ash and I were left in the car, Fezco wasting no time to head inside. I watched after Fezco, not being able to rid myself of the frown I wore.

"One would think you have a thing for my brother the way you act with him." I looked up at Ash from the space between the window and the side of his headrest. He looked at me from his visor mirror, somehow the angle it was at only made him look more attractive.

    I rolled my eyes, sniffing. My face shifted to a slightly smugger one, intent to win this round.

"A, that's 'cause your brother's a sweetheart, unlike some people. And B, probably 'cause he doesn't go around kissin' people like it's sport." I pushed open my door, getting ready to get out from the car.

"Unlike some people." May have sounded extra salty but.. Shit still pisses me off!

     I ignored Ash as he stormed to the cooler, extra force with each step.

"Yo, ya good, bruh?" I was in the back of the store, looking at the snacks as I peeked around the corner. Ash ignored Fez, side glancing me for a fraction of a second before letting the door slam shut behind him.

"Look, kid.. Maybe y'all should just take it easy on each other for a lil bit or some'em. Give each other a break." I peeked on the other side of the isle, Fezco sitting by the register. I pouted my lips, waving a hand at him as I grabbed a package of trollis.

"He's just pissy 'cause he thinks I like you." He paused for a second, chuckling out incredulously.

"Awwe, so you like me? And little Ashie's heartbroken 'bout it?" I sucked my teeth, shoving him some from my spot. I looked back down at the bag of gummies, going back to opening them.

"Boy, shut up.. I may have teased him about it though." I admitted quietly, biting into one of the gummies.

"Ay, so look.. Marina.. Ash might not say it, and I mean, he should, but, like.. He does care.. I think he's just.. We worry 'bout you, kid. What we do, an' shit.. We just don't want you gettin' into any of this type of shit. Yous a good kid. I know you had a shit mom and.. all this bullshit with Nate and fuck I don't even know but uh... I don't know." He shook his head some, seeming to trail off at the end as he seemed to go into thinking mode. Which I noticed isn't a common thing for Fezco.

   Don't get me wrong, I love Fezco to death, but he's not much of a thinker. He's.. he's like the fucking turtle from Nemo! Yeaaaah, oh my God. I found Fezco's spirit animal! Focus.

"I know, Fezco. Really. And I'll be fine. As long as I got you two, Jules and my dad, I'll be fine." I gave him a side hug, my other hand holding up my gummies.

"Yeah, as long as you have us.." I almost frowned up at Fezco, him saying that.. a lot sadder than I think I've ever heard him sound.

"Hey Fezco.. I'm.. I'm okay with what you guys do.. but just.. Be careful." I felt him nod lightly, but he remained silent. Something about that scared me.

"I'm gonna go hang in the back." I pulled away from Fezco.

"Aight, Gem. Oh, and you owe me three bucks for the gummies." I stopped for a moment, looking back at him in fake shock.

"Aw, so my cuteness doesn't pay for it?" He sucked his teeth at me.

"Man, you lucky you is cute.. And Ash's girl." I sucked my teeth at him this time, turning away from him sharply and going back for the cooler.

"~I love you, Fez." I sang out. He chuckled out some.

"Yeah. Ay, love you too Marina." I let the door shut behind me, not looking at Ash as I made my way for the couch.