I've Got You

Outside of San Francisco
______________________________________

"My feet hurt, Bell." Margot groans. The three girls have been walking through the trees for awhile now. "We can't go into the city the way the boys did, you know that."

Brooke's face turns confused. "Actually I think we could've. We could've just separated with them at the entrance." Margot nods at that. "Yeah, Bell."

"Okay, guys. I understand your complaints but I just wanted to leave the two of them alone for a bit." The techy teen groans as she steps over a branch. Brooke and Margot give each other confused glances.

"We still don't get it." Margot sing-songs as the girls near the end of the trees. Bell shrugs. "I have a theory... so I wanted to give it time to marinate."

"We're still lost." Brooke rolls her eyes. The techy teen pinches the bridge of her nose and takes a seat on a large branch on the ground. "I feel like there's something...there." She gestures her hand in a circular motion.

Brooke clicks her mouth and nods her head. "Ah."

The blonde still keeps on a confused face. "I still don't get it."

"Yes you do, just think about it."

Margot still stands there, utterly out of it. Bell groans and spells it out for her. "I think Marcus likes him." She clasps her hands together matter-a-factly.

"Oh."

"Ha! That's why you weren't having any luck." Brooke teases and nudges the blonde's shoulder. Margot rolls her eyes. "Shut up. And what makes you think that? I haven't noticed anything like that."

Bell stands back up and the three continue to trek through the trees. "I don't know. I just feel like he's oddly worried about someone he barely knows. And you guys do notice how he wants to be paired up with Jett for everything, right?"

"Well... now I do." Margot huffs.

"I just feel like in the right situations, things can get kickstarted. So I wanted to leave them alone." Bell concludes as buildings are seen through the trees. "That makes sense." Brooke nods.

As the girls finish their conversation, they reach the back of San Francisco's most popular mall. It was tall enough to block any view of the trio whatsoever.

"Oh yeah, this'll do. We just need to get to the roof." Bell grins. The girls walk around the building before finding an emergency exit door. They cautiously walk through it and make their trek through the mall.

Just a few blocks away, Jett and Marcus were staying quiet as mice behind the dumpster. "Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck." Jett whispers to himself.

Out of the corner of his eye, Marcus notices a familiar and useful item. Next to the dumpster sat a baseball bat. It was on Jett's side.

"Jett. Grab that bat."

The film obsessed teen's eyes widen at the order. "What? The alien will see my arm." He says back, a bit snappy. Marcus just shakes his head as the alien snarls again, beginning to sniff around.

"No, I swear I'll protect you. Just get me the damn thing." He pleads while pressing his hands together. Jett seems a bit taken aback for a moment before shakily nodding.

The teen reaches his hand out of hiding and quickly snatches the item. As he hands it to Marcus, a large snarl is heard from the alien. "Book it!" Marcus yells while jumping out in the open, and holding the bat in batting position. Thank god he was in little league all those years.

Jett shakes his head. "What? I'm not leaving you!"

The alien creeps closer at the two boys, which causes Marcus to panic. "Hey! This isn't up for negotiation. Go!"

Jett turns to leave as Marcus begins to swing at the creature.

Out of nowhere, the bat is knocked out of his hand. "Shit!" Before the athlete can panic anymore, something is splashed in the alien's face. Marcus turns back to see Jett with a water bottle in his hand.

"C'mon!" Jett yells while grabbing Marcus's arm. The two sprint until they end up at another store. Family Video. Jett stares in awe at the familiar store before ushering himself and his friend inside.

The door is slammed shut and the two fall to the ground, breathless.

"Jesus Christ." Marcus huffs while wiping sweat from his forehead. Jett stays a bit silent and scoffs to himself. The other teen in the room notices this action.

"Hey, what?" He inquires.

"You... what kind of a plan was that?" The curly haired boy groans. Marcus shrugs. "I just... it seemed like the right thing to do."

"The right thing to do is to not get killed. If you really think I would've left you there with that thing, you're crazy. Besides, you know how they die. A bat wouldn't do anything." He huffs while crossing his arms.

Marcus sits there noticing how his actions may have been wrong. "I uh.. yeah you're right. I was just trying to keep you safe. But I guess I just caused more trouble, huh?" He smiles weakly.

"No that's..." Jett begins. "I appreciate it. But there's no way I can get Blue to the mothership on my own. And... you dying isn't exactly something I'd prefer." He says, calming himself down.

"Cool." Marcus smiles.

Before Jett can respond, alien ships are heard zipping past the store causing Jett to jump a bit. Quick breaths escape him subconsciously.

Marcus rests a hand on his shoulder. "You okay? They won't know we're in here. We're safe."

Jett shakes his head while glancing out the window. "Are you sure? I'm just worried that-"

"Trust me. I've got you." The athlete reassures with a warm smile. Jett's eyes widen a bit at the action as his face reddens. "Oh that's... huh. Thanks." He manages to mumble.

The two make quiet conversation while waiting for the aliens nearby the clear out.
______________________________________

I hope you guys liked this chapter🙈🙈 pov: you weren't expecting that stuff with Marcus and Jett LMFAO 🤭🤭