{1} to be strong. [☁️]

You look at your hands. They're splattered with your tears. There's no way, you think. But it's true. He's sitting on the other side of the glass wall. You don't recognise him. He doesn't know you. (You knew him once.) He was like a brother. Is there anything left of him at all? You could cry for hours, let it all out. But you need to be strong.

    You look at your hands. They're covered with blood. Your blood, someone else's blood. (It's all the same at this point.) Your throat is raw. Your wrists feel heavy. Can't breathe. Everything is a blur. Where are your glasses? Probably smashed up in the rubble somewhere. Everywhere hurts. But you need to be strong.

    You look at your hands. They're blistered and burned. The electricity in the air makes the hair on your bare skin rise. There are cuts all over you. The kid is terrified. You give him your approval. (You tell him, go on, I'll be fine.) He's scared. They all are. You're scared for your friends. You're scared for your students. But you need to be strong.

    You look at your hands. It's hard to see. Hard to think. Hard to breathe. (Your armour is useless.) You can't move. Can't die. Not yet. You still have to see him. Think of how devastated he would be. You know what you have to do. But you can't do it. You're angry. Upset. Frustrated. But you need to be strong.

    You look at your hands. You're not really sure what's happening. You can only see a blur. Is that him? He's fighting. The weapon he wields flies around. He kicks into the air over and over. Vibrations shake the ground. You're sure that was the other's voice again. (Nothing is certain.) Your speaker lies several paces away, on the ground. The air feels thin. Your lungs feel like they've collapsed. Everything goes black. But you need...

    You look at your hands. If you can call them that. Protect him. That's all that matters. Right? (It's what your job is.) Unreality. It's cold. (Everything is dark.) Did you hit your head, maybe? Perhaps that fight knocked you out. What fight? Uncertain. They yell out to you. They are desperate. Who are they? Uncertain. These aren't your memories. Who are you? Uncertain. Who were you? Uncertain.

    Nothing makes sense. Yet.

...to be strong.

- End -

Hello! Loop here, and this is my first bnha fic! I've been refining this writing style for about a year now, and this is the first time I've tried it on bnha! It's supposed to be quite ambiguous and confusing, but this is essentially just rooftop gang angst :) Hope you enjoyed it!