★☆★☆★☆★

The dark matte purple motorcycle zoomed through the night. With the rider hopping off one she got to her family's house. Everyone was out, but her dad since she received a text from him to come home. Also with him wanting to talk to her.

She found this weird. Usually they just talk whenever she gets there, but he texted her for once. She unlocked the front door to the house noticing her father's office light was on as well as the kitchen.

Athena walked into the office to see her dad sitting in his chair waiting for her to come. "Hey, dad." She smiled sadly.

Hey, Honey. I just want you to know that I love you so much. And that you have made me so proud.

"Dad, I love you way more. I have always wanted to make you proud. I do have a question. Why did you want me here immediately?"

My beautiful, angel. I can feel it. I wanted you here so I could see you one last time. And to remember the one I love the most. But also to tell you to not be too upset. I want you to destroy this mission and not have the guilt on your shoulders for me. It has been my time for a while little one. You will always be my little girl and I know I won't be here to see some mile stones in your life. But I will always be watching you from above. You, our family, and your future family. Open up to him. I approve of him.

Tears escaped her eyes as she read this. Tom hugged her from his chair while holding her face whipping her tears away. "I love you dad. I promise to make you even more proud and to protect our family. I will make you proud dad."

Iceman smiled at her, "I love you, sweetheart. I will always be here. And you have already made me so proud. Have fun and I will protect you." He pointed to her heart. With that his head slowly leaned back into his chair. His hands slowly slipping from her face.

Suddenly she couldn't hold it in any more. The strong woman fell to her knees in tears at the loss of her father. He was gone. Gone forever.

Sarah walked into the room seeing her little one on the ground, crying. She then looked to see her husband in his chair eyes closed almost as if he was at peace. Tears pricked her eyes seeing this. "Oh, honey. Come here." The two woman hugged on the floor while she texted the the superiors saying what happened.

Rooster and Maverick were arguing when Warlock came in. "Maverick... Iceman is..." Immediately the two men knew what he was about to say. Maverick grew shocked while Rooster thought of Athena. "And Athena was there when he passed." Maverick and Rooster looked at each other. Both rushed out of the room to get the woman who is a mess.

Maverick knocked on the door while Rooster stood behind him. A young girl opened the door not even the age of 5. "Uncle Mav!" She hugged the man obviously not knowing what happened. "Hey, sweetie. Where is your mom and big sis?" He asked holding her. "In daddy's office with the door closed." With that maverick took her to her room then went over to the office. Rooster behind him making sure the other two were asleep.

The captain opened the door seeing the woman on the ground cradling each other. Rooster immediately went to Athena taking her in his arms while Maverick took Sarah. Athena wrapped her legs around his waist while tucking her head into the crook of his neck.

The man whispered sweet nothings into her ear trying to calm her down as he took her to her room. Meanwhile Maverick saw his best bud in his chair peaceful. Almost like he is sleeping. "Sarah. Let's get out of here." She nodded before kissing her husband on the cheek one last time. Finally noticing what was written.

"Mav. Look." She pointed to the screen. "He wanted her to know that everything was going to be okay. God was she his favorite. His own legend in the making. Who did he mean by him?" She asked him. "Bradley. He meant Bradley. Those two are soul mates. The one that was here is Bradley."

In the other room. "Bradley, he...he is g...gone." She cried into his shoulder as he pulled her closer to him. He hated seeing her dad and upset. "Shush, it will be okay. I know it is awful to deal with. But you have me, Mav, your siblings, and step mom. Along with everyone in the military. I promise it will be okay. Athena. You are a strong, beautiful woman and your father is so unbelievably proud of you. And you know what I am sure you are the better pilot of the family."

Giggling she hugged him tighter as she sat on his lap on the edge of the bed. "Yea." "Beautiful, I am here for you if you need anything." He said looking her in the eyes. The look in her eyes held so much emotion. Love, pain, hopefulness, determination, and power.

His Athena. His love. "Look at those beautiful eyes. So damn beautiful, Athena." She smiled before kissing his cheek. "Can we go to your house. And I need a nice warm shower or bath." Smiling he nodded knowing she wanted to get away from it all.

"You get packed and I will tell Mav and Sarah." He kissed her forehead sitting her down on the bed. Nodding she got a bag to put her stuff in. Bradley walked to the kitchen explaining how Athena is going home with him.

"Now, no funny business. Don't touch my niece in anyway." Just then Athena walked over to Bradley wrapping her arm around his waist with the man wrapping it around her shoulders. "Uncle Mav. Don't worry I promise." She kissed him on the cheek goodbye and her step mom too. "Be safe darling. But have fun with after all your dad approves of him." She whispered the last part.

The young woman blushed before intertwining her hand with Bradley's. When they got into his truck they were off to his house where she is sleeping for a bit. "What do you wanna do when we get to my house?" He asked causing the girl to smile. "Well, I was hoping to watch a movie. Maybe play some games." Her eyes locked onto his causing both the blush.

" Her eyes locked onto his causing both the blush

https://c.tenor.com/1sicOhhGHnUAAAAC/flying-jets-top-gun-maverick.gif