Prologue

...running...

...panting...

...running...panting...

...running and panting...

Those were the only two things heard as a woman ran, frantically, through the forest at the dead of night. Her red, floral dress was slightly torn up, the bow in her (H/c) hair had been ruined beyond repair, her hair was messy and parts of it was slightly cut, and she had several, bloody cuts on her arms and face.

In the woman's arms, however...something, covered because of the blanket wrapped around it, was all curled up, and if you listened closely, you could hear the sounds of soft snores and baby noises.

The lady slowly came to a stop, upon exiting the rows of trees, she came across a calm, steady stream of water. She breathed a sigh of relief and felt a bit of hope as she looked behind herself. When she didn't notice anything or anyone behind her, she brought her gaze back to the river. If she was gonna do this, she had to do it now before it's too late.

Taking out a handmade crib, she placed it on the ground, right where the water starts making contact before placing the object in her arms inside.

The woman wiped some of the sweat off her head and gently moved a certain part of the blanket down with her finger. Revealing that the object was actually a baby boy, who's eyes were closed and was snoring softly, sleeping peacefully.

The woman couldn't help but smile as she gently stroked his son's cheek, making the boy smile and letting out a giggle at the touch. But as quickly as the smile came, it left and became a frown. The woman knowing this would possibly the last time she'll ever see her baby.

"Nix nix nix nix nix!!"

As if destiny itself could no longer wait, the audible repeating sound grew ever closer, making the woman swing her head in the direction it came from. She knew her time was up, but not her sons'.

Looking back at the crib, she takes out a small pendant in the shape of a heart out of her pocket and gently places to the child's side. With on final kiss on the forehead, the woman carefully pushes the crib into the slow moving body of water and watches as it disappears from view.

Once the crib was completely out of sight, the woman turned her attention back towards the sound as it grew even louder than ever. They found her, but they wouldn't find her child.

It wasn't long after before a large blur of black and white could be seen charging towards the injured woman. She, however, stood where she was. She was in no condition to run, and she ran out of energy a while ago. Even if she did run, she knew she wouldn't get very far...

A small tear fell from her cheek as the blur was only a few feet away from her. She knew this was the end... but at least she could keep her child safe.

'Now you will be safe, (Y/n). I am sorry I will not be able to stay with you and watch you grow, but i know the Mixels will take good care of you in my place. As long as they stay united and strong, they will keep you safe, (Y/n), they will protect you from...him.' The woman thought, a sad smile, her last smile ever before the black and white blur enveloped her.

~~~~~~

Hours later that night, the crib found itself caught on some of the rocks poking outside of the river, and baby-filled cries and whines were the only thing that filled the air. The crib was just outside the land of the Infernites, so the little terrain that surrounded it had nice, soft grass and a gentle breeze.

After a few minutes passed by before the sound of footsteps started growing closer. A creature emerged from a nearby bush and set his gaze on the crib. The creature was red in color and resembled a flightless bird, he also had a flame emitting from his head: his name was Flain.

Flain's eyes widened at the sight of the crib and he cautiously began to approach, when he was in front of it, his eyes settled upon the small baby boy.

Flain raised a brow in confusion. This didn't look like any ordinary Mixel he'd ever seen, what kind of Mixel is this? He wasn't all too sure, but he was sure of one thing. This baby was abandoned, and it would most likely starve to death out here. That was something he didn't want to happen.

Being careful, Flain gently picked the wailing baby in the blanket up in his arms and, almost immediately, the baby settled down and it let out soft snores. Flain was surprised by the sudden change in behavior, but he didn't question it.

A sudden sparkle then entered his vision, and Flain looked into the crib once again. He noticed some kind of heart-shaped necklace in the crib and he picked it up. It looked like it was left with the baby too. The Mixel most likely wanted the baby to have it, at least that's what Flain theorized.

Flain looked back towards the baby and carefully settled the necklace around it's neck. It was a little big, but it'll grow into it. The baby let out a muffled giggle in it's sleep, causing Flain to smile softly.

With that, Flain began to take his leave with the boy as he walked back to his friends. The annual Mixel Mix-fest just ended, which meant everyone was probably still there cleaning up. His mind was well made up. He was going to raise the boy, help him grow, and teach him the ways of being a Mixel. Flain knows it'll be a difficult challenge, but he's got his brothers, cousins, and friends to help him out. He knows that they'll be more than happy to help.

And who knows, maybe Teslo can help discover what kind of Mixel the boy is. Teslo is incredibly smart, he's probably got a book for something about the baby he's holding somewhere.

And with that, Flain made his way home, with a new edition to the family.