Prologue: To Create a Life Out of Nothing

Every action you make affects others.

Whether it is saying a simple sentence, taking a walk in the park, making a deal with someone, or discovering a not-so-simple spell many mortals would kill for. Anything you do will have people that benefit or disadvantage from it, and there is no way to control that.

Sometimes the people that benefit will go against you.

While other beings have the luck of being created by their parents following a mating ritual, I was the product of a different kind of ritual.

And now, you, too, can follow the process of creating a life! Being careful, of course, of taking care of your offspring so it ends up benefiting from its birth, without feeling the need to dethrone you and perhaps taking away everything you ever fought for.

Warning aside, just follow these simple steps;

One: be a magical being. This is indisputable. It makes the experience more fun and way easier, and sometimes it brings interesting tricks to the table.

Two: have a witness. A life without people being aware of it is worthless. They must be willing to be part of the life's existence, and preferably, contribute to it, maybe by giving it their blood or a random welcoming gift. The witness is for you to choose. But don't worry about choosing the wrong one - whoever you first think of, is most probably the best option. Trust your instinct.

Three: find multiple, very specific, maybe too personal, items that will help with the ritual. A gift, a handcraft, a stolen gem, and a lesson.

Now with everything you need, be aware of what you create. That life can hurt you, or others, or itself, and all the fault will fall on you, for you're the creator. Don't try to deny it, ever, it's useless - and you should have seen it coming after the warning I gave you.

Don't worry, though. You should enjoy the life before it all breaks down.