Chapter 1

𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎, 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎, 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎, 𝙻𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚋𝚢𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚜

𝚋𝚢
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚜

❀✿❀♡❀✿❀

Jess woke up when she heard commotion coming from another room in the Byer's house. She groaned as she turned over away from the window as the sunlight made its way in. She heard the hushed voices of Jonathan talking to Nancy. She wasn't stupid she knew Nancy had spent the night. She opened her eyes slightly when she heard snores coming from beside her. Joyce sleeping peacefully next to her with her hair sprawled all over the place and her body spread across the bed taking up a lot of room. Jess would usually complain to the woman but Joyce had another nightmare last night so Jess let her have her sleep.

"I thought you had to get back for El and Hop?" Jess turned her head when she heard Joyce mumble into her pillow beside her with her back still turned to her.

"They can deal without me for one night." Joyce could practically see Jess's smile, before turning round to face her smiling when she saw Jess's smile.

"Ohh, steal my beating heart this is too much beauty to take in the morning!" Jess dramatically clutched her chest acting in pain, placing the back of her hand to her forehead making Joyce giggle.

"Shush. Shush. Be quiet you'll wake the boys." Joyce held back her laughter placing her finger to her lips trying to shush Jess by attempting to put her hand over other mouth causing her to end up hovering over Jess.

"But the pain it's too much! You have my heart Joyce Byers and you haven't even given me a kiss good morning yet!" Jess dramatically crashed across her pillow.

"Okay! Okay! If I give you a kiss will you be quiet?" Joyce left a small space between their lips as Jess nod biting her lips but stopping when Joyce came closer and connected their lips. They both pulled away letting out contented sighs as Joyce propped herself up with her elbow leaning on the palm of her left hand, still hovering over Jess gazing down at her with admiration. As Jess let herself trail her finger along Joyce's facial features. Starting by trailing along the right side of her face, trailing along her jawline before tracing the outline of her soft lips before going back up her jawline on the left hand side. Joyce caught her fingers, intertwining them with her own so she was no both leaning on both her's and Jess's hand not before placing a soft kiss to Jess's hand.

"I've dreamt about this you know?" Joyce breaks the comfortable silent.

"About what?" A smirk tugged on Jess's face as Joyce rolled her eyes in an annoyed manner struggling to hid her amused smile.

"You know."

"I know but I just want to hear you say it."

"I've dreamt about waking up next to you in the morning. I've dreamt of how soft your lips would be. How perfect you would look in the morning. In total I've only dreamt about you."

"What about Bob?" Jess gulped scared to bring up of the subject remembering how much seeing them together hurt her but also how even the mention of his name still bought a small pain through Joyce's chest.

"I'm not going to lie to you. I did love Bob. But you're different. When I was with Bob I was happy but with you I feel safe. I feel like I can tell you anything. When I'm with you I feel free. Because I adore you."

"I adore you too." Jess smiled widely up at her as Joyce leaned in once more but her eyes gazed over to the red lettering showing on the alarm clock.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." Joyce repeated frantically, scrambling out of bed grabbing the discarded clothes on her floor into a pile in her hands shoving them on the bed. "You need to leave quickly. The boys will probably be up." Joyce rushed round her bedroom trying to find her own clothes finding lost pieces of Jess's before chucking them at her.

Jess pulled her clothes on not ignoring the pain of her heart breaking slightly at the instant change of tone from Joyce. Jess finished getting dressed, as she reached for the door handle to go out Joyce grabbed her hand and pulled her over to the window.

"You're not serious are you?"

"Please?" Jess sighed as she swung one leg through the window, then swinging the other on round before dropping to the ground. "Hey." Joyce grabbed her face and connected their lips once again with passion. "I'll see you tonight yeah?"

"I'll call you." Jess mumbled just loud enough for her to hear as she walked round the back of the house, walking not that far down the road to her car. Seeing it was her one day off from work this week she headed straight for the mall to see her best friend. Yes, most of the people she had befriended were younger than her, and even though Robin could act childish when you got to know her more she was quite mature for someone her age. As she was the only one Jess could talk to about what was going on between her and Joyce.