003.

it was a few days after lip and ian had gotten chased out of the jackson's household and serenity had found herself in her room, sitting at the desk that sat in front of her window, writing and doodling in a solid black journal. she sat cross legged on her chair, music softly played from her cd player.

her mom was who knows where, her house quiet, so when there was a pounding at the door, the girl jumped. "jesus," she muttered under her breath.

the pounding continued, echoing through her entire house. closing her journal, she groaned. ren untangled her legs, getting up from her seat and making her way down the stairs, "i'm coming!" she shouted, reaching the door.

"mandy, i told you i-," she started while opening the door, but stopped abruptly when she realized who was standing in front of her, "jesus- lip?"

he pushed passed her and made his way into the living room, pacing back and forth. a hand goes up to his scalp, running through his locks. "he's fucking him!" he shouted.

ren flinched a little. she could tell he was frustrated, angry, and even hurt. "what? lip, you've gotta calm down," she said calmly. "who's fucking who?"

he stopped pacing, turning to the girl, "ian and kash are fucking."

ren's expression dropped, her stomach feeling upside down. "excuse me?"

lip nodded, rubbing his forehead, "you heard me, ian and kash. did you know?"

"what? no! well i knew he was gay, but not this. if i knew, i would have told him not to. isn't that a crime? ian's fifteen and he's like what? thirty?" ren countered back, "he's a fucking pedophile!"

"i know, but you knew he was gay? why didn't you say anything?" he asked, furrowing his brow.

"duh, i'm his best friend. and that would be fucked up phillip, you've got to let people come out on their own time."

"yeah, whatever," lip sighed, "i'm gonna fucking kill him. i'm actually gonna kill him," his voice raising at the end. ren walked over to him, putting her hands on his shoulders, making him sit down on the couch. she took a seat next to him, "lip, you have to calm down."

ren looked down at his hands, his hands grasping and ungrasping fists, "serenity, i don't think you understood me. kash is fucking my little brother. may i add your best friend!"

"i know! alright, i know! but i don't want you doing something stupid and going to jail! you're better than that asshole, you know that. i'm worried about him just as much as you are. you can't always result in hurting others, it'll bite you in the ass one day," she said, getting up from her seat, standing in from of him.

lip breathed through his nose, looking up at her, "look- okay, you're right. i'm sorry. his shift ends in like an hour. he should be home then, unless i scared him off, but still. i'll talk to him."

"it's fine, i get it. you want me to come with?" ren asked, taking her seat next to him again, leaning against the arm of the couch, pulling her legs and feet up into fetal position.

lip nodded, glancing over at her. "yeah. if he doesn't listen to me, he'll hopefully listen to you. i just can't believe it."

"out of all people, why would he choose someone who's married. and a legal adult! with two fucking kids!"

"i know, it's fucked. so," he said, looking at her and smirking, "mandy milkovich?"

ren laughed, pushing him gently with her foot, "shut up. i told her i'd get her history homework done if she gave me twenty bucks."