Part Twelve

Liliana's company was truly the only thing keeping my sanity together. She told me of her home, my heart ached for her. A home in which women were lesser, not worthy. Such a stark contrast to anything I've ever known. I told her about Sif, the Valkyries, and all the great females I've known. We spoke of Y/N, to which made Liliana quiet.

"So, you love her?" She said after her pause.

"Yeah." I replied, my back against the wall she was closest to. "I do."

"What's it like? To be in love?"

The question threw me off guard. "It's... overwhelming, truthfully. You go from yourself being the center of your thoughts to suddenly a shift, it's no longer about you." I chuckled. "I styled my hair differently because I heard her think once that she liked it that way."

"That sounds very sweet." I could hear a smile in her voice. "She's a lucky woman."

Opening up to others has never been my strong suit, I'm not sure if it was Liliana or the circumstance that made me want to explain. "She does not belong to me. She loves another."

Another pause. "I am sorry. I've never been in love, but I can imagine how that would feel."

"I just want her to be happy." I admitted. And it was true. As much as ever part of me longs for her to choose me, I would honor any choice that would make her happy.

"I've heard that about love. It tends to make people selfless."

Selfless. I've never been described in that way.

The conversation continued to flow, and no matter the subject the ease of talking to her stayed consistent. Even when it came to Odin.

The lights went out, and I realized we hadn't been fed. I guess she was right, they do not come two days in a row. But she never said when they would come again.

"That's our cue to sleep. Goodnight, Prince Loki."

I chuckled. "Sweet dreams, Liliana."

**********

I awoke to the lights again, surprisingly feeling more well rested than I expected. I still felt weak, likely from the lack of feedings. I supposed that was their intentions. I knew I needed to come up with a plan, something to get us out of here.

The realization that I had so quickly begun to think of Liliana as well as myself surprised me, but I can only imagine that it was my time on Midgard changing me. As I still truly hoped they'd be coming for me, it occurred to me that I think of them as family. Or at least, my family's family; since I could undoubtedly trust Thor and Y/N to come. And the rest would do anything for them.

I just needed to survive in the meantime. Liliana and I both just need to get through.

I sighed and stretched, groaning at my body aching.

"You get used to it. Good morning, Prince Loki."

"Just Loki is fine, Liliana. Good morning to you, too."

"Sleeping on your back helps with the pain." She sighed. "Not a lot, but. You take what you can get."

I nodded, though pointless because she couldn't see me. "I'll try to remember that, then."

Before she could answer, we heard movement. I heard Liliana suck in a breath and knew that she was bracing herself for what was about to come from experience, and I did the same out of ignorance.

They stopped at my cell. Two guards, not even appearing to be of the same species, looked at me with smiles on their faces. The tall, lanky, and so green you'd think he was sick, guard approached, opening my cell and stepping inside.

"Hands." He spoke, he voice hesitant. Like he was unsure of what he was saying was correct.

"What is this? I demand some answers now! Who is in charge here?"

The other guard, his skin the color of the sky during a storm, only laughed and said something I could not understand. The green one reached out and grabbed my hands, quickly locking some sort of cuffs on me with a chain.

Neither one spoke again as they stepped out of my cell, pulling me along with them. As we walked out, I took the time to steal at glance at the cell next to me, my breath catching in my throat when I saw Liliana.