It's Not Like He Really Likes Me

Jules came back home after her weekend with TC, she seemed to be somewhat better, even if it is a show.

   Rue was admitted to the hospital. Kidney infection. I went and saw her once, before Jules visited her. We both determined it was best Jules didn't know about each of our findings, deciding to keep quiet for now.

   I tried, at first, to get her to talk to me about it. Hinting. She'd laugh everything about Nate or school.. or whatever bullshit off. And in result.. I sorta felt myself drifting even further away from my sister. Instead, I focused on Fezco. I liked what me and him had. We'd could talk for hours and not run out of shit to talk about and even if we sat in silence, it was a comfortable one.

   Ash and I still aren't on talking terms. I still annoy him, don't get me wrong. It's fun, even more so since the night in the cooler.

"Do you really have too? Can't I just go with you?" I asked, walking with Fezco outside. He shook his head, heading for the car. Ash was inside.

"Nah. Look I'll be right back, y'all try not to kill each other, we good?" I rolled my eyes, almost glaring at him.

"Don't do this to me, bro." I warned. He smiled, waving me off, finally taking off in the car.

"Son of a bitch. I'm going home!" I yelled after him, even knowing.. he couldn't.. whatever.

"No, you're not." I turned back, both Ash and I looking plainly at the other.

"Don't you have a business you should be dealing with?" I ignored his intense glare, making my way back into the store, not meaning to shoulder brush him on the way by, but he was hogging the doorway. Sadly, the shock that happened unintentionally was undeniable.. Or maybe it was just my weird ass thinking so.

   I mentally cringed, trying to brush away the feelings. Ignoring the fluttering I felt.

"Yeah well, my business would have a giant 'No loitering' sign posted out front but.. Fezco's too nice." I sucked my teeth at him going for the back cooler. So not in the fuckin' mood for this. I was tired and.. you ever feel really pissy for no reason other than just.. existing? Like someone literally just breathing to survive just.. makes you wanna punch them in the face? Am I the only one? Fuck it, well that's how I feel today. Jules having gotten on my nerves earlier too about going to some stupid fuckin' dance soon at school too.. And wanting me to wear a fucking dress too because it's " been forever since she's seen me really dress up."

No thanks.

"Yo, is there an Ashtray here?" I looked up from my spot in the back of the store, seeing some chick strut her way into the store. Ash looked up from his spot in the back window, sitting on the back counter.

"Who the fuck's asking?" I stayed where I was, staying in my semi-hidden spot, the wall of the isle blocking me with its hanging candy and other various assortment of snacks.

"Ooo, ain't you a pretty boy. You Ashtray, I was told about?" I narrowed my eyes at the girl, her not caring about personal space at all as she made her way right up to Ash. He raised a brow, looking her over from his spot.

"Depends on what they said, 'bout me." Not gonna lie.. the jealously seemed to hit harder today. Even though I hated myself for feeling jealous... I hated my feelings for him. Hated him for making me feel the way I did, and him for playing on my emotions the night of the carnival.. And every day since it seemed.

   I silently fumed in my spot, feeling my aura grow darker as I got my drink from the cooler, letting the door close harshly behind me as I slowly made my way towards them. I silently took a long sip from the drink, the girl having gone quiet all of the sudden from her annoying giggling and flaunting personality.