Minnesota

So in this story, Adam is a little bit older than the rest of the ducks. Blair is also a little bit older but still in the same grade as all of them. We'll find out more later.
————————————————————————
*Blair's POV*

A few days had passed. I had said goodbye to my team, earning good lucks and congratulations from them. My mom was happy for me but I could tell that she was sad that I was leaving.

Currently, my mom and I were waiting for the plane to get to the airport so I could board. We got to the airport around an hour early and we have 30 minutes before boarding should start. We both decided that it would be a good idea to grab something to drink while we wait.

(Blair's airport outfit)
(Without the leather jacket)

There was a local coffee shop that had a restaurant in the airport so we went there

There was a local coffee shop that had a restaurant in the airport so we went there. I'm not much of a coffee fan, I just get a smoothie. Luckily, you can create your own mix so I get Pineapple, Banana, strawberry, and mango. It's a fairly weird combo, but I really like it. My mom is one of the most dramatic coffee drinkers ever, though. Her order is ridiculous. It's grande Carmel macchiato in a venti cup, 1/3 whole milk, 1/3 almond milk, 1/3 soy milk, double the amount of vanilla syrup, carmel wall in the cup, no carmel drizzle on top, upsidown, tall cup ice, whipped cream, rounded lid, 1 shot extra espresso (decaf), with cinnamon sprinkled on top. I love my mom but wow. (Pretend that Starbucks cup sizes is how every coffee shop does it.)

As we made our way back to the boarding area, they announced that they will be boarding flight 427 to Minneapolis Minnesota in 5 minutes. Within 3 minutes, they started to board. I gave my mom a goodbye hug.

"Remember, Atlas will be waiting for you at the airport when you land. He'll be staying in the hotel room next to yours if you need anything."

"Is a body guard really necessary? I'm 14, I think I can handle this on my own." Right as my mom was about to answer, the lady asked to see my ticket. She scanned my ticket and gave it back to me. My mom gave me one last hug before I boarded the plane.

All of my hockey gear had to be checked but that's fine with me. I made sure that my suitcase and backpack stayed with me, though. Because I was flying by myself, I had to wear a specific wristband. That lets the flight attendants know that we're by our selves.

As I found my seat, I slid my suitcase into the overhead compartments and put my backpack at my feet. According to the flight attendant, this flight is not very full, so if we have extra seats next to us, we could keep the stuff at our feet on that extra seat.

There was only one person in my row across from me by the time the plane started to move. He seemed to be by himself too. I ignored it, put my AirPods in, and played my music. It only took about 10 minutes before we were up in the air.

Once we were cleared to use our electronics, I pulled my laptop out of my backpack and opened Disney+. My favorite Disney show was Jessie, so I turned it on. The episode that turned on once I clicked watch was G.I. Jessie Part 1.

3 and a half episodes later and they were told that they should be landing in about 10 minutes, so they could put there electronics away.

I switched back to my music and leaned back in my seat. The feeling of landing had always made me nauseous, so I closed my eyes and focused on my breathing. It's worked because before I knew it, we had landed.

I got off the airplane with my luggage and saw Mr. Tibbles and Atlas were standing outside the gate. I greeted both of them as we walked. Mr. Tibbles told us that he had to go get one of the other players flying in. Atlas and I walked over to the luggage pickup area to get my hockey stuff.

After about 5 minutes, we had all my stuff and made our way out to the car. The ride to the hotel was only around 20 minutes. Once we got there, we checked in and made our way to our rooms. My parents had to make sure that Atlas' room was right next to mine in case anything happens.

Right as I had gotten settled in, my phone went off. I saw I was added into a group chat with 6 other people.
————————————————————————
   (650)449-6726, (207)539-8577, and 4 others

(650)449-6726
Hey guys, it's Don Tibbles. I created this group chat because you six are the six that have flown in to be apart of team USA.

Through this group chat, I will be letting you guys know where to meet.

You guys can get to know each other and meet up if you guys want, but tomorrow will be the first practice you guys will have with the ducks.
————————————————————————
As I saw this, I immediately changed the number to Don Tibbles.
————————————————————————
(207)539-8577
Okay perfect, thank you.

Well I'm Julie Gaffney, I play goaltender, and I'm from Bangor, Maine.

(202)555-0125
I'm Luis Mendoza, I mainly play left wing, and I'm from Miami, Florida.

(310)588-7651
I'm Ken Wu, I play both left and right wing, and I'm from San Francisco, California.

(773)701-2833
I'm Dean Portman, I play left defensemen mainly, and I'm from Chicago, Illinois.

(512)974-5017
I'm Dwayne Robertson, I play right wing, and I'm from Austin, Texas.

(970)596-7527 (Blair)
I'm Blair Abbott, I can play anything except Goaltender, and I'm from Denver, Colorado.
————————————————————————
I changed everybody's contacts. There was Dean🍕, Julie🦞, Dwayne🤠, Luis🌴, and Ken🌉.

As I finished that, there was a knock at my door. I opened it to see Atlas standing there.

"Hey, your parents told me it was okay if we went out exploring, so if you wanna go."

"Yeah sure. Just let me slip on my shoes." I walked away from the door while Atlas stood in the doorway. I quickly slid on my shoes then grabbed my wallet, phone, Apple Watch, and hotel key and then we left.

We both were hunger because it was around noon, so we found a cute diner called Mickey's dining car. It was nice because it wasn't super expensive either. It was an old train car that they morphed into a diner. ( I don't actually know what they car originally was.) While we waited and eat, we sat there and chatted.

Atlas was actually a really funny guy. I learned that he had 3 older sisters. That's the reason he wanted to be a body guard. He never got the chance to protect them because he was always small. His older sister basically raised him because his parents were never really around.

After hours of walking around, we decided to call it a night. We went back to the hotel and went back to our rooms. I texted my parents quickly before I fell asleep.