Chapter Three.

the next morning was.. slow, I ended up sleeping on Amity's bed that night.
Now it was 4AM, I had a natural schedule when it came to sleeping at a friend's house. I didn't need my phone to wake me up. Looking to my right I find the weight I thought was my body ridding sleep was a very asleep Amity, her cheek was pressed to my side and her hand was on the junction between my shoulder and chest. Her hair was a somehow mostly straight frizzy ordeal. Laid back, looking comfortable..I didn't dare move.

She took a deep inhale before seemingly 'melting' into me, I took the moment to close my eyes and let a small smile loose. Her fingers subconsciously made their way to my own, pulling the hand- whose arm was stuck under her neck- over her shoulder and holding it there, mumbling something close to 'I love you'.

My heart soared out of my chest then seemingly repositioned itself to be right underneath her ear, my face was all red even though I knew it's probably ninety-nine point nine percent towards Boscha. I forgot how much of a wiggly worm Amity was when she slept, she ended up settling permanently with her head tucked under my chin and her hand resting above my heart, her other arm hugging her waist.
Her hair tickled my neck but I didn't really mind, feeling her breath on my skin made me choke on my heart, my mind was practically braindead from this. Goosebumps pricked at my skin until Amity's alarm went off, she brought my hand to her face and kissed my palm, murmuring "good morning.."

The frantic beating in my chest made me feel like I was having a heart attack, a hand pressed to the artery in my neck, the artery practically numb from all the blood it was pumping around my body in a panic.
"Luz?" Amity voice was nearly as panicked as my heartbeats, my eyes opened halfway then closed, opening fully a moment later. "Are...are you okay?" My sigh came out in a pained groan as my heart settled, "just fine. I uh.. I need to go to Hexside.." I said quickly as I sat up, amity looked down at the covers, her hand gripping her bicep on the other arm. "O-oh.. alright.." she mumbled, the way she looked.. I felt like how my friend felt in DC. When he had a one night stand with a girl he really liked who also really liked him, but his "girlfriend" was so possessive she attacked the girl just for finding out.

Except.. in my case.
I'm running because my heart decided to love Amity in a non-platonic way.

Leaning forward I cup her face and kiss away the forming tear right above her cheek, "or.. or I could stay. I don't mind being late to school.."
Her body leaned into my touch, "Boscha would beat my ass if she saw me doing this" I whispered jokingly, she instantly giggled. My breath hitched to the sight of how close we were, her face went blank as it did last night before she almost. " I think.. were having too many close calls Amity." my body adjusted slightly, I could feel her breath beat against my face.
She was still silent, eyes staring determinedly into my own. I bit my lip as I tried to pull my body away, my heart aching slightly. "Luz-" she murmured firmly, making me freeze in my tracks- was.. AM in trouble?. I choked audibly on my spit, that electricity flowed between us, tickling my lips. Her hands gripped at my biceps as her breath halted, the pair of lips I'd forgotten flooding my mind as they gently pressed to my own, the kiss lasting no more than three seconds.

I was delirious and shocked as my body painlessly felt like lightning struck it, she pulled away with a look of recognition.
somehow finding my way to stand up I shakily write out a form of magic I hadn't used since I left for DC, a summoning glyph. My backpack appears in my hand, walking out to her private bathroom I feel like punching the air and jumping but then I remember Boscha... oh.. fuck.
Getting into the same uniform I had on yesterday I pull the indigo sweater on, the letters 'HU' embroidered in black above my heart. I walk back out into her bedroom as I pull my hair into a ponytail at the bottom, she seems a lot more perky after the kiss that shouldn't have happened. "you should answer your girlfriend Amity.." I nod my chin towards her buzzing phone, she seems to process what just happened. Her face drops "oh my God I can't believe I just did that!" I frown and say gently "I really have to go to class Ams.. my first class has a teacher I know dislikes late students.."