Chapter I: Wanna Commit Double Suicide?

Stratoula was as close to a hikikomori as a young adult could be. She found particular enjoyment in buying anime figurines and binge-watching anime shows. 

It was a peaceful and pleasant life, away from all the idiocrasy and drama of the outside world. 

Until an eventful day.

She was on her way to the post office so that she could receive yet another figurine, adding to her already huge collection. 

Crossing the road, she was lost in thought, thinking about how detailed and beautiful her figurine would be. It wasn't unusual for her to look for details such as how symmetrical poses were, the build materials, or even more minor details such as whether the figurine had visible panties and genitals. Stratoula was a very lewd person indeed.

A loud sound interrupted her line of thought. The last thing she heard was the sound of tires screeching across the asphalt as a big truck struck her. 

And just like that she was gone; a life as happy as it could be, given the state of the world.

Or so she thought. 

She woke up with multiple people surrounding her as she was getting up, shaken and confused by the experience. 

She stood still for a moment, unwillingly taking in the various expressions of her spectators. Some were reasonably worried, others shocked, while some were even disgusted, which was somewhat confusing. 

Why would anyone show disgust under the circumstances? 

It was then that she noticed something odd. Stratoula was clearly not in the same place before the accident happened. 

This was a sidewalk, rather than a road. The buildings had a different architectural style, and people were dressed differently as well. 

Most wore formal clothes in various styles of suits. But even those who rocked a more casual attire had a different look compared to what she was used to. 

An old woman in her work attire emerged from the crowd. "Are you alright dearie?" She said with the sweetest and most carrying of voices in Japanese. 

And that's when it struck her. Stratoula got isekai'd! "Surely that couldn't be the case." She thought to herself. But yet she also couldn't bring herself to another reasonable conclusion. 

She thought that maybe this was a dream or perhaps a hallucination in her last moments of dying. No matter the case, this was undeniably, unmistakably, Japan in all of its glory, in a slightly older timeline. 

"Oh dear me you look fazed. Come. Sit inside." The old woman said as she gently grabbed Stratoula by the hand and took her to the café she owned nearby to the sidewalk. 

She sat her down to an empty table. "Let me grab you a glass of water." "Thank you." Responded Stratoula in fluent Japanese, and thought that her thousands of hours of watching anime had come in handy. 

The café was half full. People occasionally took glances towards Stratoula who was an unusual face in these parts of Japan. 

"Here. Have a sip. It'll make you feel better." Said the old lady as she placed a glass of water down. 

Two men walked in who were sharply dressed and stood out a bit from the crowd. 

"Welcome, welcome." Said the old woman while bowing to them, which was a typical way of treating customers there. 

One had crimson hair and a rather feminine, beautiful face, which was further enhanced by his chocker. And he was also relatively short for the average European, which he seemed to be.