Grace

"From what I've learned from my 18 years on earth is that you don't need a perfect life, just a happy one and I promise myself to make sure that all of my days from now on are happy."

Out of all the stuff Grace had ever said, that was my favourite. Grace was my best friend, my souls sister as cheesy as that sounds. There were were few words that described Grace perfectly. She was weird and quirky and a dare devil but yet she was wise and had an old soul.

Grace had everything. Two loving parents, two awesome older brothers and the best boyfriend anyone could want. She was tall and athletic and well... Beautiful.
Grace and I were the complete opposite, I was stuck with the trait of an introvert and being short-ish for my age, I never got the same attention she did from the boys but that's what made our friendship work. She could set me up with boys and get favours.

I don't think I could ever live without my best friend and sister... Ever. Until I had too. One night changed everything, I still remember being called at 3am from the hospital, her mom called me. I remembered the night like it was just yesterday.
***
"Lulu? Is that you?" I heard my best friend ask as she tried to talk over the loud volume of music.
"Yeah."
"I wish you could be here! The guys are crazy tonight!" She said as she got farther away from the noise.
I walked over to my dresser and mirror and looked at myself with lack of satisfaction.
"The guys? You call the members of Coldplay 'the guys'?" I laughed.

"Yeah well I kind of met them..." She said sheepishly.
My eyes widened and I choked on my sprite.
"You what?!" I coughed.
"And... I might of kissed Chris Martin..." I started screaming when she told me.

"Oh my god! Tell me where are you now?"
"In there change room with Pete and Jesse." Pete was her older brother and Jesse was his girlfriend.
"Oh my! No, your lying." I started to pace around my room.
"I'm not. Do you want me to get them on the phone?"
Before I could answer, she got them.

"Hi Lulu, you're Grace's friend right?" It was Guy. Holy shit! It was Guy.
"Oh my gosh! Hi!"
"How are you?" He asked. I was silently crying over the phone.
"I'm- I'm great now! I can't believe I'm talking to you." I chewed on my nails.
"Me either!" He laughed.

"I- I know you probably hear this every night but I am in love with you."
There was feed back over the phone.
"Sorry, what? Sweetheart?" I could here my own heart breaking.
"I said you probably here his all the time but I love you!"

"I love you too Lulu!" My heart beat was all fluttery.

Hold on a second! This isn't where our story begins. Let's go back, before the concert, before she died. Let's go back a few months to June.