Chapter 2

2 months left
"I'm going to miss you so much!" Cara whined as I let go of her!

"I'm gonna miss you too! I'll see in a few weeks." I let her go and she walked out.

I closed my empty locker for the last time. I couldn't help but feel a little sentimental. I have used this locker for the past 4 years. It wasn't just a little closet that kept all my books and binders.

It was a place of friends sneaking up on me and scaring the crap out of me and sticking funny notes in my locker.

I locked it and turned it to zero like I always do when I lave my locker. I didn't know where Grace was so I walked out the door to wait for her outside.

"Tell me that what they told me is a lie." My head wiped around to see a tall figure standing behind me.

"Are we talking about Troy?" I asked. She crossed her arms.

"How could you turn him down? He's gorgeous and he likes you!"

Well I wasn't going to cancel our camp out just for a boy." She looked amused. "It's just a sleepover. We could have done it tomorrow night." She stalked towards me and put her arm around my shoulder.

"Do you not like him?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"You're missing out!" She sang. "I didn't say I didn't like him." I admitted sheepishly.

"So do you?"

"I don't know, he's cute but what's the point? I'm leaving the end of August."

"Summer fling! C'mon it will be romantic and fun," she said as I undid my lock from the bike rack. Grace sat on the handle bars and fender as we rode home to my grandparents. My parents and I live with my grandparents. They have a huge house on Seashell Point beach where they run a little they have.

It's like a private beach and sports club where you can play tennis and swim either at the beach or in the pool. They also have a diner there.

I used to wait tables there in the summers. A bright blue sign said "SEASHELL POINT BEACH, DINER AND RECREATION" written in white letters.

"Home sweet home." Grace sighed. Grace had spent so much time here it was almost like she lived here.

The road turned from gravel to tiny broken up pieces of shell and sand under the tires of my bike. She hopped off the bike and walked beside me as I put it into the garage.

"Grandma! I'm home!" I yell walking into the house. No one responded, I turned around and Grace was texting.

"Who could you possibly be talking to?" I sighed dramatically. She peered up from her phone and looked me in the eyes.

"No one," she lied. She shoved her phone back into her pocket and walked into the kitchen where I was. She picked up a paper.

"Lulu, I'm in the diner working on arrangements for the food tonight. See you in a bit," Grace read off the paper.

She shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, do you wanna go eat at the diner?" I suggested. "Is that hot waiter still there?" She asked in a sly tone.

My jaw dropped to the floor.

"You do remember you have a loving boyfriend, right?" I reminded her.

"It isn't a crime to stare that fine creature. I'm purely admiring his good look," she claimed. We walked out of the back door and walked down the pathway made out of stone. The Diner and the rest of the building wasn't too far. It was a 5 minute walk from the house.