Chapter 8

*Kendall's POV*

Music pierced through the walls, bright lights illuminating the entire room, sweaty bodies crowded the space, bobbing their heads and moving their hips to the beat of the song. "Yo you guys made it!" Johnson squealed towards us, pushing his way past a group of people. Johnson reached out his arm and pulled Nate into a bear hug. "Of course we did my man" Nate said gently slapping him on the back. "Do you guys want a drink? Follow me" Johnson ordered us.

Nate grabbed onto my hand as we squeezed and pushed are way through the crowd and into the kitchen. "Right, so here we have a Jack&Jack special" Johnson said pointing towards a blue and red container. "What's in there?" I asked puzzlingly. "Ah well you see Ken, if I tell you, it ruins the element of special" Johnson winked towards me sarcastically. I rolled my eyes, "okay, okay... pour me a glass then" I responded with apprehension. Johnson quickly grabbed two plastic cups and poured us a glass.

"Well how does it taste?" He asked, eagerly watching us take a sip. Me and Nate both fell silent for a second. "Well, appearance wise, a 6/10... but taste wise, I'm not so sure. It's a bit sweet, very fruity" Nate began, slowly bringing his cup back up to his lips before taking another sip. "Mmm I can't decide, baby, what do you think?" Nate asked, looking up at me.

"Hmm... very fruity I must agree, I mean.... Maybe an 8 on taste" I looked towards Johnson approvingly, he punched his fist in the air victoriously. Just then Gilinsky and Sammy walked through the patio door and into the kitchen. "Hey boys" Nate yelled towards them, over the music. Gilinsky grinned and came bounding towards us like a puppy.

"Hey you two! Glad you could make it" Gilinsky said, grabbing Nates hand before skipping over to me and pulling me into a warm embrace. "I see you've had a taste of heaven" gesturing towards our cups. Nate burst into laughter, "a taste of heaven... bro this shit is weird, get me a beer!" As Nate finished speaking I followed with a fit of giggles. "Yeah, I'll have a JD and coke please" I laughed, placing my cup on the kitchen counter.

I looked up, my eyes catching Sammy's. He never broke contact, his eyes locked securely on mine. Our eyes burning into one another's. "Sammy, mate! Come here" broke us from our trance. Johnson was yelling towards him, holding up a stack of cups. "No thank you" Sammy laughed as he joined the group. "Oh come on, why not?" Johnson groaned, "because the last time we played me and Gilinsky absolutely dusted you boys" Nate laughed, taking a swig of his beer. Gilinsky laughed in response, raising his hand to high five Nate.

Sammy looked towards Nate and Gilinsky, fire burning in his eyes, "if I remember rightly so..." Sammy began "there was some foul play at hand that day, carry on and we'll show you what it's like to really be 'dusted'" he smirked mockingly. "Is that a threat?" Gilinsky asked, raising an eyebrow. Sammy just stood smirking towards the pair. "Well I don't know about you guys, but I need another drink" I said walking towards the fridge, you could cut the tension with a knife.

I hauled the fridge door open, the cold air swooping in. It was quite refreshing actually. I grabbed the large bottle of vodka from the fridge and without a second thought took a big swig. My face screwed up at the taste, "errr" I whispered to myself. "Wow Ken, save some for the rest of us" Johnson laughed walking towards me. "So beer pong?" He asked questioningly, holding up the stack of plastic cups. I looked towards the other 3, still evidently bickering between themselves about their previous game.

"Why not" I smiled, raising the bottle in the air, before wrapping my arm around Johnson's shoulders. "Yes Kenny, let's go set up" Johnson yelled ecstatically, leading me towards the dining room table. As he placed the cup down one by one he began telling me the rules of the game. "You know I've played this before" I laughed. "Yeah but you see Ken, this isn't just any old game of beer pong... this is war" he said, banging his fists on the table.