Chapter 1

Attention is my thing. I can't get enough. I crave it then receive it. Naturally, my long blonde hair and huge honey-colored eyes win over any victim of my choice. I found that out in fourth grade, when I was in my awkward years and super shy.

I thought people saw me as the ugly girl. The one with looks that make you want to put a gun to your head. But when Mrs. Donner, our fourth grade teacher, confiscated a note being passed to all of the boys in the room and it turned out to be a list of all the girls in our class, each having tons of ratings next to them, I received the biggest shock of my life.

She read down the list, each girl crying or blushing when she read their rating. Then she got to my name. Expecting all 0's or negative numbers, my jaw dropped as she read, "Ashlee Fendlorae'. 10, 10, 11, OFF THE CHARTS!, 1000000000000000000." I couldn't believe my ears.

Me? Beautiful? The thoughts were confirmed when boys cheered, whistled, and rolled their tongues. Ever since that day, I've been bold and beautiful as ever. I started wearing make-up, showing some skin, and flirting with boys in other grades.

So, I guess you could say, I was pretty popular.

By the time I was in sixth grade, I had kissed plenty of boys and thrown tons of parties. Everyone wanted to be me. I sat at my lunch table like a queen, controlling the school. People liked me. I couldn't help it.

Life came to me pretty easily, well, at school, that is.