Bad Girl(s)

I watched the clock waiting for it to strike noon. I had a big breakfast today, so I couldn't have been all that hungry, but my stomach was feeling kind of uneasy. I looked at him who was writing on a piece of paper, I craned my neck to see what he was writing. It looked like a poem. I smirked and went back to working on my worksheet.

The bell rang. I shot up and packed my things quickly before running out to my locker. I heard my friends call out my name and asked where I was going but I didn't even look back. I slowed to a speed walk when I saw the principal walking down the hall, I bowed as I passed him. He put his hand up and told me to stop. I stopped, took a deep, frustrated breath and looked at him. He motioned for me to follow him— he looked kind of concerned? Irritated? Mad?— and so I did, all the way to his office. His office on the other side of the school, the opposite end of where my locker was. I checked my phone clock: 12:16pm. I sat in the principal's office alone, tapping my leg waiting for him to return. He told me he'd be back in five minutes, but "it's been twelve!" I quickly stood up and heading towards the window. I peeked outside and saw someone wearing a bright blue jacket. Jin Woo. I looked at the direction he was heading in; in the distance, probably a fifteen minute walk to, was the river. The river we were supposed to meet up at. I sighed and went back to my chair.

The next "twenty" minutes were the longest twenty minutes of my life. I sat there just listening to those girls who harassed me this morning complain to our principal, our PRINCIPAL, about how I stole their "boyfriend" from them. Now, I know this is cliche, and it is! I've only ever seen this situation arise in dramas on tv! Ha, the irony. I groaned and put my hands in my hands, trying to hold in my anger and annoyance.

My principal cleared his throat and asked if I had anything to add to this "problem", he air quoted. I stood up and faced the girls. They flinched and stepped back. I smirked at them before turning to the principal again. I put my hand up, apologized for this nonsense, for wasting his time, and said I needed to head out. With his permission, I rushed out of his office and bumped into someone. I apologized and bowed, and started to run. I felt a hand on my arm. I looked back and, shocked, I immediately flipped them over my shoulder.

It was Jin Woo.

I gasped and apologized again, and helped him up. He laughed to hide his pain and said he was fine, while rubbing his shoulder. I hid my face behind my hands and turned around— I was so embarrassed. He laughed again, but this time it didn't sound forced. He gently grabbed my hands and reassured that he was really fine, before properly intertwining our fingers. I looked back and forth between our hands and his shy, happy face. I felt my face get warm, and his ears were burning red. We walked down the empty hallway quietly until we reached the other end of the school, then we made another round. I looked at him but before I could say anything, we exited the back doors of the school.

He put his finger up to his lips and hushed me as we reached the side of the building, hiding away. I looked at him but didn't realize what face I was making. His face dropped and so did my hand. He chuckled nervously and scratched his head and apologized for doing this, but he just wanted to make up for the time we didn't go to the river.

The bell rang and he started heading towards the door, but I grabbed him and started running in the direction of the river.