Prologue

Larkstars ear flicks, his brown tabby pelt bristling. he feels as if.. someone's watching him.. "who's there?" He calls, taking a defensive stance looking around.
All of a sudden the bushes started to rustle and out came a large, black and white she-cat. She lunged at Larkstar, pinning him down with his belly exposed. "Crowstem! What are you doing!?" He hissed, slashing Crowstems arm. He tried to push her off with his back legs but Crowstem had already taken ahold of his neck in her large jaws. "C- Crowstem stop this at once!" Larkstar gagged, trying to get the large cat off of him but to no avail.

Crowstems teeth dug deeper into Larkstars throat, Crowstem smirked. This was it. "Momma?" A small voice came from behind them, Crowstem released Larkstars neck and looked behind her. "W- what are you doing here?" She hissed at a small kit who looked almost exactly like Crowstem, who was accompanied by another same colored kit.
"Momma what are you doing..?" The kit mewed, looking horrified at what it's mother was doing. "Nothing.. come on." She got off Larkstar, grabbing the kits in her jaws and walking off.
Larkstar stood up, shaking himself, breathing heavily. He sprinted to the camp, calling a clan meeting.
"What happened, Larkstar?" An amber eyed, dark gray tabby Tom called out.
"Your mate.. Crowstem tried to kill me!" He spat, showing his wound.
The Tom gasped, taking his spot on the rock and glaring at down at the cold surface. "She would.. never.. would she.."  just then, Crowstem stepped into the clearing, earning glances, hissed and glares in her direction. She set her kits down, staring at Larkstar. "Oh but I did.. and I would do it all again for you to be leader, Shiftinghaze.."

Shiftinghaze's eyes widened at this, He hissed as tears welled up in his eyes. "Why!? You just gave us 2 wonderful kits and did this! I love you! Why?" Crowstem gave him a blank expression as Larkstar growled. "You know what I must do now.. and I will do it at once.. Crowstem, I hereby banish you from WindClan.. NEVER come back. If I see your OR those kits ever again in my territory I will kill you at once. "
Crowstem hissed. "They are kits! They did nothing wrong!" Larkstar just growled and muttered "Leave." Under his breath. And they did..

Little did Larkstar know, he made a huge mistake that day.