Kreacher's Truth || chapter one-hundred and twenty-three

A cool, morning breeze pushed past a drape of curtains into a very old-fashioned drawing room. I slowly awakened to the sweep of cold air that brushed past my face, my eyes opening to a cobwebbed chandelier that dangled overhead.

I had fallen asleep upon an old, slightly dusty sofa. Nearby was an old cobbled fireplace, a gold-linen mirror sat only a few inches above. The more I lazily stirred, the clearer the soft hiss of a radio became, the sound of voices at a distance.

When my eyes grazed the room, that's when I realised no one else was here with me. At that moment, my body jump-started to life and I sat upright, my eyes frantically darting across the room.

"Hey, hey! Calm down, you're okay..." An arm wrapped itself around my stomach. "I'm right behind you..." At that moment, I felt myself relax when I heard Draco's smooth voice glide through my ears.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper quietly, stealing a glance over my shoulder at the tired blond behind me. Draco shook his head and leaned forward, pressing his lips against mine. "Don't apologise." He murmured, dragging his lips down towards my neck. "Did you sleep well?"

"Mhm..." I hummed, clutching Draco's shirt between my fists. "Good," He whispered, pulling back to cup my face. "You want anything to eat? Drink?"

"Yeah..." I nod, breathing in his scent. "Just some tea please..."

Draco nodded, gently brushing his fingers over my cheeks. Then, he stood up and headed for the double door that led to the kitchen. At first everything was fine, I just sat, patiently waiting for him to return. But then a sharp pain in my stomach caused me to hiss.

A clench of my jaw later, I rapidly followed Draco out of the room and found him standing by the kitchen counter, the kettle boiling just in front of him. The golden trio was also there, but they all sat around a table with copies of the Daily Prophet in hand.

"Morning—," Ron tried to say but I stumbled past him towards Draco.

Draco heard my footsteps and looked over his shoulder, brows furrowed in confusion. "Darling? What is it?" He asked when he saw the look on my face. My cheeks were completely flushed up.

"I need you..." I murmur, wrapping my arms around Draco's waist. The pain was intense and travelled up to my chest— making it hard to breathe. "Everything— it hurts..."

Draco turned around and brought one hand to the back of my head, about to press it into his chest when he looked down and saw that my thighs were trembling. "Oh, darling..." He whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist. Within a second, Draco heaved me up on top of the counter and stood between my legs.

I instinctively reach out and wrap my arms around his neck, our foreheads pressed together. He ran a gentle hand along my thighs, trying to soothe my tremors. "What's going on...?"

"Leg cramps." I explain softly, still feeling short of breath. "Stomach ones too, but that's nothing new." When there was another tightening and stretching of ligaments in my abdomen, I squeezed my eyes shut and rolled my head into the crook of his neck. I grabbed onto his shirt for support.

"Fuck!"

Draco moved a hand towards my stomach and pressed down against the swell. "It's okay... you're okay... I'm here..." he whispered softly. "I'm here..."

"Y/N?" Harry's voice sounded from the table. He was looking at Draco. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine," Draco answered, not taking his eyes off me. "Just a bit of discomfort."

"Mum said the first pregnancies are always the worst." Said Ron, making Hermione shoot him a glare. "Is that meant to make either of them feel better?" She hissed. "Well at least now they know it's normal!" Ron retorted.