The Farewell

"The doctors said you only have about.. eight hours, Alex."

"I-I see. I have to write the script. Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you, say it.. in place of me"

"Alex, you.. you don't have to you know."

Alex's dad knelt by his bedside. He stared at his pale son. Alex was skin and bones by now, the cancer had worsened. Yet, he still had that gaze of someone not yet done. A warrior not yet completed his mission, a King not yet done guiding his people. 

"You've done so much, for so many people Alex. You.. you can rest if you want. You can stop."

Tears slowly streamed from Alex's father's face. Alex's mouth formed a small smile.

"I know Dad, I know."

Alex breathed.

"But I need to do this. I don't think I'll rest well without doing this."

A moment of silence. Alex's dad got up.

"I.. I understand. I can help you say it. I'll leave you to it."

The door closed. Alex sighed and looked out the window. The sun was slowly sinking behind the clouds, forming a beautiful sight of orange and yellow.

"Alex."

Alex turned to the chair by his bed. There sat a pretty man, with fair hair and long pink hair spread across his shoulders. He was dressed in an ordinary white tunic and long brown pants. He donned a pig mask and an axe lay by his side.

"Technoblade."

Technoblade sat forward.

"You don't have long, you know."

"I know." Alex sighed once again. He straightened his glasses and stared at the laptop in front of him.

"Remember when we first met, Alex?"

"I do. That was a long time ago."

The very first time they met, was shocking, literally. The spirit of the King, Technoblade had spooked the hell out of Alex. To be fair, who would expect a spirit to just suddenly appear? The funny thing was that Technoblade could only appear in the form of a small pig with a crown and robe at that time. It was said that as Alex grew, Technoblade would grow too.

"You remember dominating in Blitz?"

Alex let out a weak laugh.

"That was a time, you grew into a normal-sized pig during that."

"Please, I don't want to remember those horrific ages of being a pig."

Technoblade continued.

"Then it was Skywars, and what, Bedwars?"

Alex nodded.

"The amount of those games you uploaded racked up to hundreds, huh."

Alex smiled.

"Yea, it was a fun time."

Technoblade brushed his hair and fidgeted around. Alex looked at him.

"You've grown a lot since then, Technoblade."

"So have you."

Alex laughed.

"Not much has changed, really. I'm still the same, normal man I've always been. I wouldn't have amounted to much if I didn't meet you."

Technoblade sighed, 

"You underestimate yourself too much."

He got up.