Chapter 22

3:00 P.M, Ravencrown Highschool
Friday, March 20, 2020
Third Person POV

It had been a month since Mr. Ragenzaw had been arrested. Things had definitely gotten better at Ravencrown. The new principal made a rule banning physical violence between students. This means that the chances of Jake getting hate crimes have gone down significantly. Maybe this means Jake and Kenji could finally be open about their relationship at school. "Jake!" Jayden exclaimed. Jake jolted up. "What happened?" Jake asked standing up from his seat. "It's the end of the day," Jayden said grabbing his bag, "everyone had already left."

Jake looked around. Everyone had left just like Jayden said. "Did I fall asleep?" Jake asked standing up. "Yeah," Jayden said softly, "you fell asleep in the last five minutes of class." Jake grabbed his stuff and walked with Jayden into the hallway. The school was completely empty. The only people who were there were teachers and staff. "Hey," Jayden said, "if you don't have any plans today, would you like to go to the park with me?" Jake was shocked. He never thought Jayden would want to hang out with him. "I don't see why I can't," Jake replied. "Alright," Jayden said smiling, "let's go

Jake and Jayden walked together to the park. They found a bench and sat on it. "Is there a reason you wanted to meet me here?" Jake asked putting his backpack on the ground. "Does there need to be one?" Jayden asked in response. "No," Jake answered, "it just doesn't seem like you to invite me places without a reason." Jayden looked at Jake. "Well, there is a reason I invited you here." Jayden got up from the bench. "I know I haven't been the nicest to you lately," Jayden said scratching his neck. Jake stood up. "What are you trying to say?" Jake asked. "What I'm trying to say is," Jayden started, "I'm...I'm." Jayden looked behind him. A tall lady with blonde hair was staring at him from the fountain.

"I'm so sorry"

Jayden proceeded to punch Jake multiple times. There was blood everywhere, but the most were on Jayden's hands, both figuratively and literally. Jake blanked out again. Jayden pulled out his phone and called 911. "911, what's your emergency?" the operator asked. "Hi," Jayden said freaking out, "I just accidentally knocked out my friend and he's bleeding a lot." The blonde woman came over to Jayden. "Alright sir, help is on the way," the operator replied. The blonde woman put her arm around Jayden. "Well done, Jayden," the woman said. There were sirens everywhere, the ambulance was finally here. A group of people came and helped Jake into the ambulance.

4:00 P.M, Hospital

Jake woke up to a man shining a light on his face. "He's awake," the man said taking off his mask. Mr. Xuân walked over to Jake and touched his hand. "Hey, buddy," Mr. Xuân said, "how are you feeling?" Jake looked toward his father. "I feel alright," Jake replied, "where's mom?" Mr. Xuân got on his knees. "She's downstairs talking to an officer," Mr. Xuân answered. Footsteps could be heard coming towards the room. When the door opened, Jayden was on the other side. "Hi, Jake," Jayden said closing the door. "Hey, Jayden," Jake said looking away. Jake was still mad at Jayden for hitting him, and rightfully so. "Look," Jayden said, "I'm sorry for hurting you."

"Then why did you?" Jake asked enraged, "why did you hurt me after all I did for you?" Jayden looked like he wanted to cry. "I didn't want to hurt you," Jayden said stepping closer toward the bed. Jake could tell Jayden was telling the truth. "The reason I hurt you is that-" Jayden started before he was interrupted by the door opening. It was the lady from the park. "Jayden Ragenzaw, it's time to go home now," the woman said in a cold, emotionless tone. "Yes...mother," Jayden replied looking at the floor. Jake was shocked. That strange lady at the park watching them,

Turned out to be Jayden's mom...