Chapter 3: Food And Fight

Kumoko's P.O.V.

Oh My Gosh!!!!!! What the hell is wrong with his skill points!!!!!!!!????? Why the hell does he have an error!!!!!???? How is his situation even worse than mine!!!!

This is even worse!!! Why the hell does he have a penalty from the very start??!!! I was expecting him to play the role of a guardian or something, but instead, I will be the one who's playing the role of protecting.

Hmm? What should I do? Should I just abandon him? He might slow me down. Most definitely.

But, there might not be any chance for me to find anyone to talk to me, I might go insane in this place!!!

Umu. This definitely should be the right choice. After all, I don't want him to become those revenger protagonists and come to hunt me down for betrayal or whatever that edge lord stuff. I mean I can literally imagine himself as a bad guy with those claws and stinger of his.

"HA HA HA!!!! DIE YOU BITCH!!!" Huh. Imagine him holding a gun while wearing an eyepatch and a black coat doesn't make him look so ba—Nonononno! Don't think about that.

Hmm. It's decided. Just let him tag along with me.

"S-Shall we go?" Yosh! He accepts not I hope there aren't any more problems. I don't think I can handle another one.

3rd P.O.V.

The unlikely duo walks around this unknown cavern, planning to find a way out or at least something to eat especially since both of them were literally just born for a couple of hours or so.

Their walk is a silent one, it doesn't help that one of them is previously an anti-social person while the other one has never had anyone, or anything, to interact with.

They soon came to the edge of this weird place. Both noticed they still haven't seen any signs of sunlight yet, indicating they must be in a cave or something.

What surprises them is that they notice so many creatures under them as they stood at the edge. These creatures come in various shapes and sizes. There's a large deer with antlers that can nearly mistake them for branches. A large grey wolf walking on all fours, with sharp teeth that gleams in the dark. There's also a creature that is quite similar to a lizard but it walks on its hind legs with its upper arms being the smallest part of its body that can be noticed.

Both of them were amazed by their sight, seeing from their very eyes, especially Sasori. His whole life has been in that weird cage, he has never seen these creatures before in his life, and he starts to back away from the edge.

'What is this feeling?' He looks at his pincers and notices how it keeps shaking. He tries to stop it but for some reason, his body refuses to listen to him.

He looks back at the creatures down the edge and started to make him shiver. Somehow he feels like he somehow knows the answer.

'Is this... fear?" The more he thought about it, it kinda makes sense to him. After all his entire life was being held captive in the cage. Experiencing this and seeing so many creatures could easily crush him with a single swipe, bite, stomp, or something else he doesn't know of.

Regardless of experiencing this feeling of fear, he felt something else... something that was quite old yet... still existed even now.

Before he could think more about it, he was snapped out of his thoughts as his companion was screaming all of the sudden as she grabs her head in pain.

He goes to her side and looks at her with concern. "You. Okay?" He picked her up with his pincers, carefully not hurting her.

Kumoko looks up and nods. "Y-Yeah. I-I'm alright?" She gets up from her position.