chapter fourteen

Chaos. Nancy was put in a trance by Vecna. Steve tried to break the hypnotic state while everyone on the other side searched for music to play for her, but Eddie's favorite music was far from what Nancy would listen to.

Fortunately she wasn't going to be Vecna's next victim - but his messenger. Nancy told the group about the horrors that awaited. Three kills, one left. Hawkins was going to be annihilated - the entire world was. You had to find a way to stop Vecna.

A plan was made. Max was going to distract Vecna whilst the others were going to sneak up on him to kill him while he was occupied in Max's mind. 

"I just need to keep him busy long enough so that you guys can get into that attic. Then you can chop his head off. Stab him in the heart. Blow him up with some explosives Dustin cooks up. I honestly really don't care how you put that asshole in his grave, just... whatever it is, whatever you do. Try not to miss." 

... Just a mass suicide mission, huh? But you really had no choice. 

"Check this out. The War Zone." You all gathered around Eddie who just dropped a book on the table in the living room. "I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh, well, killing things, basically."

"Grenades? Guns? How is this even legal?" Robin asked.

"Well, lucky for us it is, so..." He replied. "This... this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and uh, angry hicks." 

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone." Erica remarked. 

"Normally I'd agree..." Nancy started.

"But we need weapons." You said and you and Nancy looked at each other briefly. 

"So I think it's worth the risk." She nodded.

"Me, too." Lucas crossed his arms. 

"But it'll take all day to bike there and back." Dustin reminded.

Eddie straightened his back up again. "Who said anything about bikes?" You all followed him tightly through the trailer park to an RV. Eddie opened a tiny window on the vehicle and hopped inside. You took a deep breath before doing the same and crawled your way inside. You landed on the couch and Eddie grabbed your arm and helped you to your feet. The rest of the group squirmed through as well. 

Eddie sat down in the front seat to start the process of hotwiring. You put an arm on the headrest and leaned over him to see what he was doing. 

"Where'd you learn how to do this?" You asked.

"Well, when the other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hotwire." He explained as he twiddled with the cords.

You felt a hint of empathy as he continued. 

"Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did.." Eddie looked up at you over his shoulder, "but now, I'm wanted for murder and soon, grand theft auto. So uh, I'm really living up to that Munson name."

Someone came up from behind and put their hands on your shoulders. It was Robin who interrupted the two of you. "Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving." 

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker. (Y/L/N)'s got her." Eddie explained as the car started. He stood up and gestured for you to, "Come on, sit down." 

"I..." You gulped.

"What the hell?" A voice outside yelled. "Hey! Open this door!" The RV's owners! 

You immediately sat down in the car seat.