121045.5

Disclaimer: I do not own The Promised Neverland or any art shown. (I wish I did because then I'd fix season 2)

.

.

.

"When I leave the house, I want to become a mother like mom."

.

.

.

"Happy, huh?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I'm slow and wasn't as smart as everyone, but even after I leave, I'll do my best!" It was now nighttime. Everyone gathered around to say goodbye to their little sister.

'Conny...'

"I'll have Little Bunny, so I'll be okay."

"Conny..." Don started.

"I don't want to leave anymore. I want to stay here!" the little girl cried out.

"Conny... Conny!" Don began to cry as tears started to form in Emma's eyes.

Then she was gone.

You clapped your hands. "Alright then! We should start cleaning up for the night so that mama doesn't get mad when she returns. Nat, Anna, could you two help the younger ones to bed?"

"Mhm!"

"Okay!"

You and the rest of the older kids began to clean up for the night until you heard Emma shriek. "CONNY!? YOU'RE KIDDING ME?!"

"Em! The younger ones are already in bed!" you scolded as you entered the room. It appeared that Conny had forgotten her sacred Little Bunny on the dining table.

"But, Conny's already gone," Gilda said as she followed you.

"What do we do?" Emma panicked.

"There's still time," Ray said, joining the group. "From the window, I saw the lights on the gate were still on. Mom isn't back either, so I don't think Conny has left yet."

"[Y/N], Emma, let's hurry," Norman said, putting his broom down.

"You guys go. I don't want to go anywhere near the gat"

"Wait [Y/N], you should go with them," Ray said, putting his hand on your shoulder. You glared at him for pushing even though he new how terrified of the gate you were. 

"It's alright, I already did an official goodbye to Conny, and besides I'll have to finish Norman answer Emma's chores if they are to return Little Bunny," You said with a point. Norman smiled at you and ran out the door, Emma following close behind.

'Dammit,' Ray thought. 'Why didn't you go with them!'

You finished their chores quickly and went to wait for Emma and Norman. You stood by a window with a lantern in hand. You were worried that they would get caught. It was against the rules to go to the gate. 

Ray approached you from behind, resting his head on your shoulders and closing his eyes. Ray was very attached to you, just as you were to him. You rested your head against his. You sat there in a comfortable silence as you waited for Emma and Norman to return.

When you heard the doors open, you and Ray separated and went to confront the two."Welcome back. How did it go?"

"Was Conny still there? Were you able to meet her foster parents?" You asked with a smile. That smile quickly faded as you saw their condition. Something was wrong.