It wasn't home.

~Killua's POV~

The car ride to nowhere was filled with sobs and cries. I drove us around aimlessly, trying to focus on something other than what was going through my mind. It was hopeless to prevent the rush of memories that kept flowing through my brain. Realizing that one of my friends, Kurapika, was no longer alive.

In addition to being extremely intelligent, quick to think on his feet, and a great problem-solver, Kurapika was also a fantastic friend. It should come as no surprise he went out risking everything for those he loved most. When we most needed him, he was there for us. He lost his life so that we could live a little longer.

We owe Kurapika our lives, so we better not waste this opportunity and make use of it. We will make you proud Kurapika, you'll see.

It started with just a few tears, then it became a sob. While I pathetically sobbed in the driver's seat, Bisky, who had seen my quivering hands gripping the wheel, grabbed hold of it herself from the passenger seat and piloted the vehicle.

Kurapika wouldn't have wanted us to cry about this. But it's so too hard to ignore the fact he isn't coming back. Gon and Leorio needed me to be the most collected, to be the one to take a stand for them and assure them that everything would be alright. I wiped the tears from my face and took a trembling breath before returning to the wheel.

"Are you going to be alright?" Bisky whispered with a worried expression on her face. Despite noticing her puffy eyes, I knew she wouldn't comprehend how the three of us felt since she had only recently met him.

"Yeah, I will. Thanks for that biscuit."

----------------------------------------

We slept in the car that night, comforting Leorio who had woken us up twice while crying in his sleep. This time, Bisky chose to drive the car, allowing me to sit in the passenger seat and collect myself. Leorio sat upright and hung his head low, refusing to speak for the time being.

Bisky hummed a tune whilst we sat in silence; she was really terrible at it, but it made up for the lack of a radio. "Well, what are we going to do now?" Zushi questioned quietly, trying not to break the silence.

What are we going to do next? I hoped one of the others knew the answer, cause I sure didn't.

"Well, first of all, we will find another place to stay. It sucks we did all that work over there for nothing." Bisky responded, not taking her eyes off the road. Zushi exhaled a breath of relief once he learned we weren't just driving idly.

The roads just seems to lead nowhere for a while afterward, and the silence lingered. Meanwhile, I could make out two tall silhouettes walking in our direction from the opposite side of the road in the distance. Are there a few walkers nearby? They typically travel in groups, right?

"Holy crap, what the hell are those? People?" Once we came close enough to the 'Human beings,' Bisky gasped and pulled over to the side of the road. While the two people continued to draw closer, Bisky unlocked the car door and took a position next to it. They were close enough for me to see them, and I noticed their odd masks and clothes. The first one was tall with pinkish hair and clown makeup that covered up a large portion of their features and skin beneath. He was also dressed oddly like a clown.

The person behind him had long black hair and a mask covering their entire face and eyes which appeared to have been taken from the Purge movie. They wore a greenish outfit that was way too peculiar not to have been fashioned into a Halloween costume.

"Halloween is over, guys." Bisky shouted. She nailed it if she wanted to get on their negative sides. "Oh, Gittarackur, I didn't know there were others nearby~" The other gave the clown a sidelong glance as he spoke. "Hisoka, it was inevitable; there are others with the resources to survive as well. Maybe we should just put an end to them and move on?" Gittarackur respondent, speaking in a monotone voice.

Bisky ran back into the car, closed the door, and turned to face us. "And this is why you shouldn't speak to strangers, kids." The two went to either side of the car, about to open the doors when I pressed the lock button, staring up at the masked person with a sly grin. However, as soon as Gittarackur caught sight of me, he ordered Hisoka to stop, and they stepped away from the vehicle.

"We apologize, you are clearly no harm to us. Will you accept this apology if we grant you a place to stay?" He questioned, keeping away from the car. Bisky accepted without hesitation, but something felt off. Gon gave me a perplexed look after poking my shoulder, causing me to turn around. "Do you two know one another? That guy broke out of whatever daze he was in the moment he spotted you." Although there was a very small likelihood that we would have met before this, I was at a loss for words.

"I don't think so."

"Me and my friend here, are out to get a few things but will be back shortly. If you drive straight, the first house to your left is ours and you are welcome inside~" The clown states before continuing down the road with Gittarackur.

Bisky starts the car up happily and grows a smile, "I knew things would change for us."

I still couldn't get the sick feeling out of my stomach. This felt so wrong, but we might as well give it a chance.

[Words: 967] 

Sorry for the slow update ;(