'Lucid Coma'

‘Lucid Coma’
By: ᴹᵉⁿᵗᵃˡˡʸ-ᵁⁿˢᵗᵃᵇˡᵉ♡

Trigger Warning!!! Slight Gore _______________________________________________________________

  I woke in a very small, dark room, confused and scared. I didn’t know where I was or why I was there, I have no idea how I ended up here, what day it was, what time.. Everything is all just one big blur. My head spun as I looked around, trying to focus my vision on the small light I could barely see up in the far left corner of the room. A.. camera, perhaps? Once my vision cleared and my eyes adjusted to the dark setting of the room, I made the decision to sit up. Big mistake.. Once my feet hit the floor, it felt cold and soft, almost like a fleshy feeling. Floors don’t feel fleshy do they…? No.. That’s when I noticed the awful smell that flooded the room. It made my stomach twist and turn, making me feel beyond sick. It smelled like something had died in here, like a rat or maybe even something slightly bigger like a racoon, or even a possum. 

  I noticed what I was sitting on not too long after noticing the horrendous smell. I had been laying on a metal table with no pillow and no blanket for god knows how long. I didn’t know if it had been hours, days, months… years. Everything was so blurry, blank, and confusing, it began to frustrate me. I gave a heavy sigh as I relaxed myself, finally standing to look around the room for an exit or something that can help me get out of here. I looked everywhere and yet couldn't find anything.. Well nothing except another body. No, two bodies.. I gasped and stumbled backwards, tripping on the first body I found.

  Everything seemed to slow as I began to fall backwards. After what felt like a few minutes I finally landed, not where you’d expect though. I didn't fall on the floor. Instead the back of my head slammed against the corner of the metal bed, killing me almost instantly.

  Everything went black for a moment before I woke up once again, this time in a hospital room? Almost immediately after I had woke, a doctor entered my room. He was very slim and had jet black hair. His eyes were very striking, however. One was blue while the other was a faint gray color. He had told me that I've been in a coma for over a year now! They were unsure if I'd ever wake up. So.. what I experienced was… a dream? I reached my hand up to feel the back of my head, where I felt a scar. 

 Was it really all in my head..?

_______________________________________________________________