prologue;

AZURE SKIES never looked as bleak as it did in this moment

AZURE SKIES never looked as bleak as it did in this moment. The scent in the air was filled with smoke and blood. The smell of death resounded throughout the realm with no one truly a winner in the battle. News had spread throughout the nine realms—the destruction of Asgard at Ragnarok. There was no one that could save them, no one truly capable of allowing her the privilege to sit on the bloodied throne.

"Your Highness—" She was brought back to the present at the sight of her most trusted servant and friend, Alba. A maiden she had chosen for herself at such a young age who had become a companion to her especially in this troubling times. Her doe blue eyes calmed the darkness in her mind down—even for just a moment. It gave her assurance that there were still people like her, innocent and so full of life, never to be tainted by the reality of the cruelty of this world.

Death was upon them. That much Libitina has become aware of.

The pride and tradition of her father was the sole reason for the realm's destruction. For in the eyes of her father, she was not fit to rule for she was a woman. A woman whose sole purpose in life was to give birth to the next heir and to nurture it until the time comes where they make the ascent to the throne.

"I need to find him." She spoke, the plan had been simple enough.

It was either she finds herself a husband to help her in her rule of the realm or the council with find another suitable man to sit on the throne. She couldn't do anything but find him if she was to ensure her place as heir was to remain.

"We don't even know where he is."

"I'll find him." Libitina did not have a clue where she would need to start in her search, but she will find him or this will the desolation of everything she had planned in hopes of saving her realm.

"Where will you start, Your Grace?"

Her eyes had once again turned to the skies, gossips about Thor and his futile attempt of saving what remains of his realm gave her a good place to start for now.

"Earth."